Notices

So fed up - day 5

Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
That's exactly it, these last 5 days have seemed never ending! I have felt a bit antsy but I haven't been climbing the walls with wanting a drink.

I'm also the sort of person that if I want something I want it now! I've not had a drink where are the results? I want them! Now! Haha I know that is the impossible

I've completely overdosed on carbs too which I hate. Anything I could lay my hands on, you name it, if it was edible I've eaten it. I think that is part of feeling so sluggish as I'm just not used to that. Once I get on top of the diet too I'll feel a whole lot better.

I seem to be one extreme to the other at the moment - I feel soooooooooo tired... I want to run around!... I feel soooooooooo tired...... I can't sleep! and round and round the roundabout goes.
What helped me was going to the same primary care physician for so many years. I told him what I planned to do. He called in Valium for me. I did find myself drinking a TON of Diet Coke at first, which I shouldn't have been doing... Caffeine just makes it worse at first, but boy did the Valium help with the sleep. The ability to sleep helped me a lot, I think.

The Valium also stabilized me, I didn't feel a high or anything on it. It just made things easier.

The first few days I wasn't too hungry, just very very thirsty. Since the appetite has been back my craving for different types of foods seem to change on a daily basis.

I love this guy, and this song... Listen to it:

Jack Johnson - Times Like These - YouTube

-RDY
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am glad your feeling better about it now keep at it and you will be glad you did.
If I am wrong you can kick me up the bum lol
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

LOL if you're wrong we'll be hopping round in circles trying to kick each other. As amusing as that vision is I'm sure you are not wrong
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Stay with it M
Old 06-27-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MTN, it does get better. My first attempt to quit lasted 6 hours. It's taken a few attempts, but this time I've got to day 24. There's been some really rough times, as anyone who's read my posts will know. It's been up and down at times, but, touch wood, things are gradually getting better.
Be strong, and hang in there. You're worth it.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey MyTime - I'm a little late to the party, but want to say I think those feelings are fairly typical for Day 5. My emotions were all over the place for a month or so. I mostly felt good, but then out of nowhere would come negative thoughts. You'll have days like that, but every day you're making progress - you're climbing the mountain - you're going to win this thing. Proud of you!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning everybody

Just wanted to say thanks for all the new messages. I'm happy to be here on the morning of my day 6. I'm still waking up a bit, it's 6.20am the kids are asleep, I'm downstairs drinking tea with my windows open listening to the birds, it's nice I always used to complain I didn't get any peace!

Mentally I feel really excited today, whereas Day 5 seemed to have taken so long to arrive at, day 6 feels like it's hurtling towards that one week marker and I KNOW I can get there

Thank you again for all your support and your words of wisdom for getting me through yesterday.

I need to get going fast this morning. Need to take the car for it's MOT at 8.30 and just remembered the boot is full of buckets and spades, rubber rings etc from our holiday 3 weeks ago!! Out of sight out of mind - oops!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You CAN definitely get there glad to see you in good spirits!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you. Yes I am Although must step away from the laptop...

Car man just called... I'm soon to be £180 lighter... however since joining SR I estimate that I have saved £50 so that's lessened the blow and can only be see as a good thing!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Cool M is you need any advice/somebody to chat with my PM box is open
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Rossy will do

Right I AM logging off now, unless anybody else fancies doing the housework for me... No? Didn't think so. Tsk. Catch you all later.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi My, the first few days were the toughest for me. Your body is going thru alot so it does make you tired. It will get better! Good news! Are you talking about (capillaries) the red broken veins on face? from nose to cheeks? If so, good news! Mine went away completely! I also had itchy bumps at the base of my nose. Gone too! It truly does get better! Good job!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news this morning.Glad you feel better.6days sober,fantastic.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Morning everybody

Just wanted to say thanks for all the new messages. I'm happy to be here on the morning of my day 6. I'm still waking up a bit, it's 6.20am the kids are asleep, I'm downstairs drinking tea with my windows open listening to the birds, it's nice I always used to complain I didn't get any peace!

Mentally I feel really excited today, whereas Day 5 seemed to have taken so long to arrive at, day 6 feels like it's hurtling towards that one week marker and I KNOW I can get there

Thank you again for all your support and your words of wisdom for getting me through yesterday.

I need to get going fast this morning. Need to take the car for it's MOT at 8.30 and just remembered the boot is full of buckets and spades, rubber rings etc from our holiday 3 weeks ago!! Out of sight out of mind - oops!
Great news!!!!! We knew you would do it! It will only get better! It only CAN get better!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkdog View Post
Hi My, the first few days were the toughest for me. Your body is going thru alot so it does make you tired. It will get better! Good news! Are you talking about (capillaries) the red broken veins on face? from nose to cheeks? If so, good news! Mine went away completely! I also had itchy bumps at the base of my nose. Gone too! It truly does get better! Good job!
Thanks pinkdog Yes those tiny broken veins on my nose and face... that to me feel like someone has written on my head ALCOHOLIC!!! I just find them really upsetting so it's good to know they will go (well hopefully mine too!) if not I've actually looked at laser treatment and decided if they are still there after a good settled six months or so of sobriety then that will be my treat to myself. Sounds vain (no pun intended) doesn't it? But it does get me down that I have aged myself so much with this addiction, that was one of my reasons for drinking, I'm fat, I look rubbish, my skin is rubbish, it'll never change etc etc may as well carry on as I am. You know, constant downward spiral. I'll take it one step at a time though and start with the simple things like a haircut

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
Good news this morning.Glad you feel better.6days sober,fantastic.
Thank you so much I'm feeling really well today. What a difference a day makes!

So that's me - DD taken to nursery, I'm back from picking my car up. DS will be home from school soon and then it will be into my evening routine of getting dinner on... and seeing whatever else takes my fancy! I quite fancy an evening in the garden if it cools down, it's been unusually hot here today.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Congratulations on getting to day 6. Once I got to around day 6, I really could feel the breeze at my back. Keep us up to date.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
AA member

Come on over to visit us in Cafe Central mytimenow,we hang out in the hands across the time zones thread.