Notices

Day 2

Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

I really do not know why I am here. I guess stopping drinking was a personal choice. I always convinced myself I did not have a problem as others convinced me I do. Do I think so? Yes. I have always been able to control it. Functioning? Absolutely. I guess that's the worst kind right? I am on day 2 sober after a 8 year bender I guess. Some nights worse than others. Just realized when I would rather drink by myself than with anyone else it was time to stop. Do I want a drink? Of course.... Who doesn't after a long day. I have made some promises though that I intend to keep. I am alone now which is making it a tad more difficult but I think this will help. As we all say best...

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome

Its not the easiest of decisions but if you want it , it can be just the relief from any guilt and remorse. I know it was like a ton of weights being lifted when i surrendered to the fact that I just cant drink like normal people.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Inda
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome SkyDivercp!

I can relate..... being alone to drink was my idea of a good time. Glad you're chosen to stop. Life is better on the other side!

Keep reading and posting - this is a great place and the support really makes a difference.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ryan

D
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

Keep reading the posts and give yourself credit you have seen this problem and are now addressing it. People will help you and guide you here, you can co this with help! keep posting and don't pick up that first one!!!

God Bless you!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Slippery slope.... Trust me I am thinking about it. My girlfriend gets home in about an hour. That is all I need to last. 1 more hour. It is like a life time! UGHHHH!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Skydivercp...Just try to make it through a day at a time...An hour if you have to..Don't have the first one...And you won't need one. You should look into some kind of recovery program to assist you...Do some reading around the site...Ask questions...And don't drink. You say you don't know why you are here? I'd say an 8 year bender more than qualifies you. Glad you're here.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, Ryan. Yesterday was my day two as well. Everything you said about controlling your drinking and then drinking alone, hit home to me. I think my drinking actually got worse when people started commenting on it. Mainly becuase I would drink as much as I could as fast as I could before anyone came home or even before I left to actually go out with my friends. Going into day three now, hoping it is just as easy as the first two.
I wish you much luck and the wilpower to stay strong. If you start slipping, come to the boards here, or pick up a book on recovery (thats what I'm doing to try to keep my mind off of things).
Take Care.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In one hour I can buy alcohol again. I have about...tree fiddy. Could get a couple 24oz. and go to bed. But I'm trying to remember what it's like to feel healthy.