Notices

got sent home from A+E

Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

got sent home from A+E

Well tonight i had my worst panic attack. was just sat watching the tv when it came over me. i went dizzy, felt a cold, tingly, electricity type feeling go through my body so i jumped out of the chair, thought i was going to pass out, my body start trembling, so i called an emergency number who told me to go to A+E. I went there sober yet they said it was anxiety and there was nothing they could do for me and nothing they could give me :-(
Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got a lot of good info and tips from here Sharp

Calm Clinic

D
Old 06-25-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At least you have had it checked out and know it's nothing medical Sharp. That should help abate the anxiety no? I had alot of health anxiety but once I had got the medical all clear I knew I had to deal with it myself and be rational. Have you cut down what you're drinking? That may help. Also, deep breaths.... x
Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i havnt cut down before, i normally drink 6-8 cans of lager but tonight im fed up with drinking so im sticking to 4. idont want to drink but im scared not to. feel like i need to go to bed but im still a bit shaky so im gona try and calm myself down. it actually annoyed me that she said she couldnt give me anything yet when i was in hospital over night with stomach pain they gave me dtox tablets and also when i had my 1st ever panic attack i went to my local walk in centre and id calmed down a bit when i was there so they sent me home and told me if it came back then go back and they would give me something to help me, whereas tonight she was adamant there was nothing she could do for me. im at the point where i hope my stomach pains return just so i can be admitted to hospital and get the detox tablets, thats how despearte i am for help
Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is nothing you can do about it tonight Sharp. I know it's hard but try to get some rest. Check out the stuff Dee posted. Have you got any chamomile tea at home..? Hot chocolate? Did you hear back from anyone at AA at all?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better, Sharp.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

no one phoned me back i was in the house til 8pm and i asked for the call at 5.30 as i spent most of the morning doing errands. i dont like to think no one called me back so im hoping they never got the message to phone me at 5.30 and phoned whilst i was out
Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Guided meditation, or meditation in general has done wonders for me. It might be worth looking into.

Google "basic meditation" and you'll find plenty of good stuff to help get you started.

I'm glad you are OK tho. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for a long while and know it is an extremely scary experience.

Will keep you in my prayers!

God Bless,

William
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone, im going to look into meditation as i hear so many stories about it. iv never tried it as in the past id always thought it was something supposed psychics done but iv heard regular people say they do it and it benefits them
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

For me, meditation is as simple as just paying attention to something. It could be paying attention to your feelings, it could be to a thought of gratitude, or just to the feeling of breathing. It really is nothing fancy or magical. Anyone can do it, and do it right away. I agree with the suggestion from Fernaceman, look into it, it might be just the ticket for you.