Notices

Need advice....

Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Need advice....

I need help getting completely CLEAN! Some days I just feel like I can't and don't have the will-power and I'll do anything to feel that high. Other days I feel strong and want to change and be better. I have so much going for me.....but sometimes I just want to take the easy way out. I'm also suffering from depression.. I'm always alone, and bored, from about 8am-6pm every day. I've tried reading, crossword puzzles, cleaning, etc. Nothing can keep me distracted from the drug! HELP
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I was there not too long ago. I went to meetings every day for the 90 meetings in 90 days, and it worked for me. I am still doing it, and now I have 6 months.
It is NOT easy, it is actually harder to get sober than it was for me to put everything down and say enough is enough. Quitting was the easy part, staying sober is the hardest. I have been drinking and using since I was 17ish and now I am in my early 40's. I have a lot of rewiring to do to my brain, but I am doing it.
Whatever you choose, stick with it, I am sticking with it, and I am waiting for my happiness to return and stay!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

What is your DOC clean?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

life is so much harder when you are alone. I work at a job where I sit alone at a desk for hours. I am alone with my own thoughts. I get in my head and all I can do is think about is the regrets in my life. When I graduate I will begin looking for a new job where I am around a lot of people. Try taking yoga or zumba classes. It will get you out of the house and socializing. The more you can get out the better!