Notices

hello to my new family this is my day 1

Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello to my new family this is my day 1

oh dear what a mess i am....
i feel like i've just bounced from addiction to addiction my whole like some pill some smoke something ......
tis time its about 400mg of codiene a day in the form of nerofen plus
every day i have had two or three doses about six hours after a dose the mood's start to get unstable again and i feel like just so angry and sad
and that leads me here i guess .......
my boyfriend is adamint i get off the pills and i understand why i know fully about the damage to my kidneys and liver and having hep c from former days usei ng hard drugs makes it that much worse i've been off the pills for a few munths been down all the correct chanels and still i'm back ere addicted to something agaian oh dear... addiction is a big theme in my family my mother and her mother are both pretty bad with the booze and tat has left me with an addictive personality but not really all that inclined to drink i do smoke cigz about 30-40 a day i also live with my mother wich i belive increases my stress i can't spell very well so if your still reading i'm sorry about it ......i'm so icthy and my tummy is upset llast time i came off the codiene my doctor gave me mogodon a hypnotic it did help but i found myself takeing about 20 a week for two weeks so i'm not sure if thats the way to go alltho its wat the helpline says to do i'm crurently on a depo port injection of risperdone wich seems to be causing a more trouble than its worth i now have to take meds for the meds alltho most days i don't bother with them i'm also on a a anti-depressant called cymbulta <60mg> the doctrors said if i stop taking the risperdone they will get a cort order to force me into a meantal hospital for 21 days and the consistantly changing student doctors the government is providing refuse to change them wow thats alot i've said and now it just seems like more of a mess so yeah i guess i'll leave it at that for now
Old 06-24-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome supafox :ghug3
You'll find a lot of help and support from the folks here. I know I have.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Welcome! You are in a great place here. We are here for support. :-)
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((supafox)) - Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi and welcome
Have a look around the substance abuse part of the forum. Sorry but I can't help you 'cause I'm an alki! A few of us here are alkis, which, although isn't a simple addiction. Its just the one 'drug' (booze)!
I guess if you are on pills, there are lots of different sorts to be addicted to!
What I did when I came here to SR, was read and read and read... some really great support here. And knowing that you are not alone in this is a blessing... good luck to you x
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Supa - you can definitely take charge of your life again. We're here to help. You're never alone, you have us. Keep posting and reading - you'll see many here who've had the same experience. Congratulations on wanting to make this change - you'll never regret it.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I've been here three months and it's been a life saver. Keep posting and sharing. People on this forum are incredibly kind and supportive.

Isn't risperdone for bipolar? Just asking because I'm taking a med for that. i'm no doc and am not giving advice, but i was told that it's best to get clean of the drugs/alcohol before addressing and prescribing meds for mental disorders. just something you might want to think about. i went through a few psychs before finding the best one for me. a therapist helped me navigate this because i couldn't tell who could best meet my needs.

anyway, you will find inspiration and guidance just from people sharing their experiences on this site. i've learned so much in such a short time.

Zorah
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There is a lot of great support here. Looking forward to seeing you around.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck supafox
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Glad you are here!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Question

the icth is soo bad i dont know what to do i would shower but mums asleep but i posted onto my facebook tat i'm going to detox from the codiene i was reading some place thhat an apple detox might help my body to detoxfie its pretty simple you just eat nothing but apples do you peepz think tat might help or would it just place me into more stress?
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi supafox
Welcome to SR

I think it's always best to discuss a tapering plan with a Dr - there must be some experienced GPs in SA who bulk bill?

D
Old 06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

yeah i see a doctor but atm more meds isnt what i need
i landed myself in this mess its time to man up and take responcabilty for it i did get some rest and frount up and deal with the problem rather than using annither pill to escape the pain i'm still icthy but its not as bad as it was and i had a prettygood rest altho day one is easy beacause you still haed some oh i'm rambling again lol <3
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Is going to a rehab facility a possibility for you? With all the different dugs and drug interactions you have to be careful. Especially since you're taking psych medications as well. A psych facility might be able to help you safely detox of the pain pills and the hypnotic while evening out your psych medication. When i went to detox for alcohol they hooked me up with a therapist, a counselor and a psych. My psych got me on all the proper meds i needed (bipolar and anti-craving) and that's helped me a lot.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard , I myself like it all. From A to Z acid to zanax. But you can get out of that fog and find great things in sobriety.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

When I quit drinking, I had terrible itching. My feet were the worst. It lasted a couple months. I believe it is toxins getting out of the liver. Maybe it's the same for you. Could be. Anyway, it's good to get the toxins out. I believe sweating is good for this. Hugs to you.:ghug3
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

day to and my moods are so low still sleeping and eating ok
icth is not so bad and i was reading alot about codines affect on nero transmitters and apprantly thats why i feel so low
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

ok last night i was in tears for three hours it was shocking this is now dday three i chaoked down some healthy breakfast mood is still fragile but i'm keeping it under control singing and listening to dumb music thea makes me want to sing and going out in the sun for fresh air i seen a gp last night and muchh to my dismay he gave me a pill i was glad it wasnt a buzzyy feeling of wellness however it did turn down the v olume and helpd me get to sleep i have this thing i do when i'm mad not i just yell at the empty fishtank "fish tank i hate you" then i sing for a while and go outside and fill myself with winter freshness man i'm glad it dont snow here lol i love you all and thanks to all my friends in the room for bearing thro my consistant blather lol
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

anyone know how i can have this post moved into substance abuse? admin?