Notices

thought on a walk

Old 06-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thought on a walk

Hello everyone,

on a walk today I saw the classic left over beer cans of a youthful summer evening. I felt sad that beer and that type of fun would not be in my life again. Then I thought deeper. I already got to experience that. It wasn't about the alcohol. It was about doing something unique and different. So in order to ever find that sense of freedom and youth again, I must do something unique and different. Its certainly not going out into the woods to drink beer. The kids can have that. Its just hard knowing that for all those kids who have a few and move on, there will be those of who unkowingly and without fault begin a tough road. A road that leads us to crave and desire the very thing that slowly destroys us. And even when we realize that we are different, society pushes alcohol like its the best thing ever invented. Talk about torture. Although, society also promotes cologne and I hate that, so its really just a mental shift. I wish we could have just been labeled at birth. some can't have sugar, some can't eat gluten, some can't handle alcohol. Have a happy Saturday everyone.

M
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wonderfullife View Post
some can't have sugar, some can't eat gluten, some can't handle alcohol.

M
I'm a Diabetic, Alcoholic and found in March that I have Celiac Disease. I'm hanging tough with a few adjustments.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Right - how different my life would've been had I known not to touch the stuff. It was so much fun in the beginning - it seemed the answer to my shyness & other problems. Oh, to go back and never pick up in the first place.

Thanks for some good thoughts, M. You're sounding positive tonight.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i get what you mean, i used to drink cider down the dene when i was 14. im now 27 with a drink problem and went to mcdonalds last night and seen a bunch of teenagers drinking cider and my firt thought was "your playing with fire". i see teenagers these day drinking and i know a majority of these are going to end up in the same position as me one day and its sad to realise that and not be able to help them in advance
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It wasn't about the alcohol. It was about doing something unique and different.
Spot on WL

D