Notices

Made it through Friday

Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday

I am on day 5 and I have to say it has been up and down. Yesterday (Friday) in the evening was a bit touch and go but I even had to go to the store for some groceries and did not buy any wine It seems as if I have minutes that I have this very strong sense of wanting to drink and if I don't act impulsively on that strong sense I can seem to ride it out.

I woke up this morning feeling good for the first time in these past few days of not drinking. I have been waking up during the night with the sweats and waking up tired but last night none of that happened and I woke up feeling good.

In a 1/2 hour I have to go to a friends house for a short period of time. She is one that I always drink with however; today I have arranged it that I have to go to my sons baseball game right after so that won't be happening today.

Oddly enough, I find myself thinking that if I cannot get absolutely Blotto then why even bother having those one or two drinks? Isn't that crazy?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

No - it's not crazy if you are an alcoholic.

The ONLY way for me to stop drinking completely was going to AA meetings everyday, getting a sponsor and working the 12 Steps. I now have 6 months, and my children are so much happier. I didn't do it for my children this time, I did it for myself.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 5 days Opie - have a great sober weekend

D