Notices

my first 12 step call....omg...wtf...

Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my first 12 step call....omg...wtf...

I don't even know where to begin...all I know is if what I saw tonight is anything like what i've put my husband through, I am so sad.

A good friend called me tonight. I've known him for about 10 years and a few months back at an AA meeting he walked in the door and I could believe we were in the same place. He was sober. Went through a 90 day program & was always checking up on me & we'd see each other at meetings. Let me also mention, his finance that he's been engaged to for 12 years is one of my best friends. I met him, through her.

So he called/txted me, he was at a bar. It took me an hour or so to get him to leave the bar, he would have stayed but they kicked him out for sexually harrasing people in the bar...he really was, it was so sad. I know you can't really get through to someone when they are drunk. I know that no one could get through to me if I had drink in hand. It was just so sad to see him go down so fast. From happy, joyous & free...to drunk, harrasing and sneaking off to do lines. I dropped him off at a hotel and he begged me to come inside for "a beer" I said no & now he's been txting and calling me for the last 40 minutes begging me to come back to the hotel and hang out......its almost 2am here in Cali and this girl needs her sleep and her husbands arms.

I hate alcohol & the effect it has on people...totally changes them from who you know, to a complete stranger.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Jstar...if only for a night, you were an angel to that lost soul. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

You sound like a great friend.