Notices

Hi all

Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all

Well day 6 feeling good just sooooooooo tired! Have my aa meeting at noon tomorrow and I can't wait I found a women's group I really enjoy such nice ladies ..so good to me!!
I
Must say I NEVER thought I'd be in AA but for me...it's necessary ...it saved my life and trust me I know it's not for everyone but I'm a fan
Have a great night all
Old 06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's a great thing for many people, Anewlife - I'm so glad you've found something that works well for you. I hope it's another helpful meeting - you sound very encouraged.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How have you been Hevyn? I am encouraged but realistic I don't think it's gonna be easy but I know itll be worth it
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're so right - it will be. Glad to hear you sounding positive. I was exhausted for weeks after quitting. We really beat ourselves up, and need to heal. (I'm doing great, thanks.)
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to see you back and positive anewlife

D
Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6.
And no, I never thought I'd be in AA either. Glad I am though. Helps keep me sober for one thing. Plus I've met some really nice people. So that's two good things
Old 06-22-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anewlife4me11 View Post
Well day 6 feeling good just sooooooooo tired! Have my aa meeting at noon tomorrow and I can't wait I found a women's group I really enjoy such nice ladies ..so good to me!!
I
Must say I NEVER thought I'd be in AA but for me...it's necessary ...it saved my life and trust me I know it's not for everyone but I'm a fan
Have a great night all
ANewLife4Me11,

Thanks for your share and Congrats on your 6th day of sobriety! I face my 1st day this morning and after not sleeping last night already feel exhausted. I have a lot of work ahead of me and am scared. But what I'm scared of most is continuing to use and how it will effect me. From what I've gathered from AA and those I have already met in the program, sobriety isn't supposed to be based in fear, however was told by an oldtimer to use this fear as a strategy to stay sober until I've gathered for time and a permanent support network...best of luck to you in journey to sobriety!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

1 week today! ~WOW~

Last week our women's group had an anniversary (not sure how many years they've been around) and the woman who spoke had spoken at their first anniversary. She now has 52 years of sobriety! Amazing!! (she looked fabulous, too!)

Stay strong!! Stay stopped!