Notices

The Updated Clean Plan for Stability

Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

I meant to add, sorry about your girlfriend. That's really tough. That's the kind of thing that would send me into total angst for weeks, months, when I was younger and before I married. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lost3000 View Post
I meant to add, sorry about your girlfriend. That's really tough. That's the kind of thing that would send me into total angst for weeks, months, when I was younger and before I married. I hope you feel better soon.
It's eating me alive right now! Funny though, it's kind of making not drinking easier. Because I'm trying everything possible to not contact her and I'm realizing that if I drink there is a 100% chance I will.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Paul, I apologize if my post offended you or caused you any upset. Good luck for the future.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Day 25 Night

Alright, well today was interesting. The drama in the thread actually took my mind off the gf situation. But the thoughts have been hitting me pretty hard in the past hour. I'm in the chat room right now just keeping my mind away from doing anything stupid. Like I said above, the situation is now actually making it easier to not drink. This is a great progression because the reason I don't want to drink right now is because I actually can acknowledge the fact that it will make me contact my ex and I really do not want to do that. I also know it will make my problems much worse! This is exactly what I wanted. No schedule, no plan... simply making a decision to not drink because I simply do not want to.

I appreciate all of your support. I know there was some talk about this being a "love-fest" but I don't care. It has worked tremendously and you guys are amazing. Thank you very much!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
Paul, I apologize if my post offended you or caused you any upset. Good luck for the future.
No, you did not offend me at all. I'm in communication with a lot of people that have helped me along the way and not a single one of them has supported any type of drinking whatsoever. They are staunchly against it. I was just trying to clarify that.

So no problems here at all.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

as this thread is now over 500 posts time for part 2:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ty-pt-2-a.html

D