Notices

waiting so long for detox is like torture

Old 06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

waiting so long for detox is like torture

Hi everyone, went to see a nurse today about detox, as soon as i got in the room i start crying my eyes out telling her i felt ill and like i was dying so she asked some questions etc.she then said she needed to make an appointment to speak to my partner which is scheduled for next tuesday and when she said tuesday my heart sank as i cannot stand another day of this never mind a week , but she said it cant be rushed as she has seen people who have rushed into it unprepared and then relapsed. its so painful because i have to wait a week for her to speak to my partner, after that she has to speak to a doctor to give the go ahead which will probablys be another week and i really cant stand all the waiting around and having to drink until then. why cant it be done sooner, i feel like they torturing me
Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm sorry that you have to wait. I'm not sure where you are or what your medical system is like, but hopefully the nurse is doing what she can. I have no idea why talking to your partner would enter into this issue?

I hope you can get into detox quickly.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello:

While you're waiting, find a 12 Step meeting and get with others who have been through what you're going through. Just knowing I was not alone was a great help to me almost 11 years ago.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

she just wants to make sure he can be here to support me but he works. she said she is reluctant to take me as an inpatient as its my 1st time and i havnt had seizures so i might get refused funding so she wants to make sure my partner can help at home but we have 2 young hyperactive kids, he works, hes actually doing acourse with his work and needs to revise so he has enough to deal with so it narks me that i have to wait a week just for a meeting with my boyfriend.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'd tend to agree with RecoveryClause Sharp, go to an AA meeting. You need some support from people who understand in the mean time. Phone the national helpline and they can help find your nearest meeting. Depending whereabouts you are there may be SMART meetings too. I think it might just help you to be in a room full of other people who get it.

Hugs xxx
Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hi sharp! I am sorry you have to wait but you know the saying "sometimes it's worth the wait" in this case that could mean the wait for getting your life back....forever in the mean time take care of yourself and plan for your detox, recovery and permanent sober life ahead. You havea lot to look forward to sharp!! Keep a journal or use SR so you can always remember this place you are n now and this next (in reality) short week ahead. You will be n my prayers and thoughts. Hugs
Old 06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you have to wait too - but I'm glad that you're being treated responsibly too. sharp

D
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone but it breaks my heart each and everyday to see my young children putting up with a mother like me. also i feel so ill that i feel like i might not be here for the next appointment which scares me so much as i love my family so much its killing me
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As mentioned...Why don't you go to an AA meeting sharp? Being around people that have been where you are is very comforting....You can talk with people that will be more than willing to help you?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

iv joined an aa chat as i dont feel ready to face people at the minute
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sharp75 View Post
iv joined an aa chat as i dont feel ready to face people at the minute
When you're ready to...It's good to know you have people there that will help you...As well as here...Stay close to this place sharp....And hopefully they get you what you need for detox soon...Here is the Big Book if you want a good read on alcoholism....It explains a lot. I'm glad you are here sharp...And things will get better.

The text of Alcoholics Anonymous

Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

im really thankful for the help and posts from people onhere. its not nice to hear people suffering but it helps me realize that its down to drink and im not alone. it has just freaked me out how one miniute i seemed ok with drinking then like a bolt outa the blue one day it hit me like a ton of bricks and has made me feel really ill and like im dying. ihave family that i know who have alcohol issues and they are in denial but one day its going to just hit them the way it hit me and i hope i can be there for them when that day comes
Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I didn't see it coming either sharp....And if I did I denied it...Keep HOPE...There's ways out!