Notices

"Did List" Sober VS Drunk

Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Did List" Sober VS Drunk

This morning (Sober), showered and got dressed, had breakfast and cleaned up afterwards, went out and bought a few vegetables for my patio (which I later planted), went grocery shopping, put food away, made lunch, watered house plants, got on SR, listened to music.

(Drunk) reached for my Popov vodka, drank.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

R U saying that after doing all that beautiful stuff sober, you went and got drunk? or just that that's what you would have done had you been drinking
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a very productive day Fitz!! What kind of vegetables did you plant?

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FredG View Post
R U saying that after doing all that beautiful stuff sober, you went and got drunk? or just that that's what you would have done had you been drinking
Sorry that was my example of my active alcoholic "Did List" from the old daze. Not to worry but thanks for aking for clarification.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great Fitz.

I'm a first year vegetable gardener this year. Always did tons and tons of flowers, but never veggies.

From the looks of it, the cutworms and japanese beetles will keep me busy for a long, long time
Old 06-18-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wellwisher View Post
That's great Fitz.

I'm a first year vegetable gardener this year. Always did tons and tons of flowers, but never veggies.

From the looks of it, the cutworms and japanese beetles will keep me busy for a long, long time
I've got peppers, zucchini cumumber, tomatoes, rasberries, strawberries. Don't know if anthing will come of it but nice to care for something besides my dis-ease. Nevada is pretty bugless, high and dry. Bunnies but not near by. I have my Buddha statue looking over it all so should have a chance.

What are you attempting vegie-wise? Also doing home=made bread, in sobriety in for a dime in for a dollar.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a productive day Fitz

D
Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've got three beds going.

First bed is spinach, and four types of lettuce. (romaine, ithaca, buttercrisp something and something else (forgot the names, have to look at the markers).

Cutworms got everything but the romaine and the spinach. I pulled the other lettuces and have waged war on cutworms. The plastic four foot fence kept the deer and the rabbits out, but let the worms in.

The second bed is strawberries. I have that surrounded by chicken wire. The rabbits couldn't get it, but the chipmunks went right through the holes and took every big, plump green strawberry as they started to ripen.

The third bed has cucumbers, bush beans, tomatoes (lots and lots of them), bell peppers and zucchini. So far so good. Deer can't get them, bunnies can't get them, area is now chipmunk-proofed. Tons of tomatoes growing.

You probably feel sorry for the deer, but don't worry - they ate all my geranium flowers.

Might not get a lot of vegetables, but I'm sure enjoying the wildlife.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Everything eats and is eaten, I'll just do my best. Dry winter, deer, wild horses even bear coming into town. Whatever happens I'm awake to see it. Strawberries going in this weekend. Benifit to losing my house and land is raising crops on a concrete patio. Always gifts with eyes open. My greatest gift of sobriety is I can see again. I keep my elderly neighbors Finch feeder filled, she loves the birds,
Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, that's how I got started Fitz. I never gardened before I got sober, but afterwards, I wanted a little space with flowers around me on the bow of an old houseboat I was living on, (couldn't afford real rent), so I bought pots at garage sales and planted annuals. I find gardening to be a great past time.

You put the elbow grease in and the benefits are not far behind, right?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great stuff, Fitz. How can we think we're living when we're spending our days in a foggy haze? Yet I did it for years, thinking I was buffering myself against pain and anxiety. Trouble is, life happens while you're in the clouds - and you miss all the good stuff along with the problems.