Notices

It's so liberating!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's so liberating!

I had my first sober Sunday (and weekend) for the first time in about 4 years. With small stints of sobriety here and there, while I tried to see if I actually had ahold of my problem with alcohol. And I have to say it was the most amazing Sunday I think I've ever had. Even in a situation/atmosphere where a drink would have been awesome (if I was a normal drinker), I prevailed. I asked for support and prayers from my Mom, good friend, and cousin, and I made it!! I feel like a a huge weight has been lifted. While there were rough patches here and there, I cannot explain how elated I was all day yesterday. I got to enjoy my family and the beautiful fantastic weather, the peacefulness of the water and life, sober. And most important: I was able to drive my family home safely, avoided the anxiety and depression that comes with hangovers, and did not get into a fight with my husband.
Thanks for listening.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Isn't that a great feeling? The hard part is remembering how good it feels to be sober when we want to drink.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm still so excited, and amazed at myself. All the things I thought I couldn't enjoy unless I was drinking.....it was all lies I was telling myself!
My husband told me he was proud of me. It was so nice to keep a promise to him.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Keeping promises IS a great feeling. That's what keeps propelling me forward. How proud everyone in my family is of me, especially my mother. Good for you!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ahhh Cinderblock, I know the feeling of the return of my integrity and morals! It feels so wonderful to leave a party knowing that I can safely drive home, that I havent offended anyone or acted in ways that mortify and humiliate me. That I will have a wonderful next day, that I will wake up refreshed and be productive - even loving
others! There are so many more reasons to not drink, so, I choose this life over the
life with alcohol any and every day! Thanks for the reminder!!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic cinderblock - the first of many

D
Old 06-18-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So awesome! Congrats!!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful news, Cinderblock! For so long I thought alcohol was my friend - my buffer against pain. It was doing just the opposite, and causing me more stress & grief than I would ever have had if I'd stayed sober. Finally admitting that took me many years! Glad you have discovered what needs to be done to live your life fully and happily.