Notices

First time going to sleep sober

Old 06-17-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time going to sleep sober

So it's 23:10pm here in Denmark and I'm on my way to my third attempt to fall asleep. Today is the first day for a very long time (I think around 2 years) that I have not had a single drop og alcohol, no pills, drugs, anything. Completely clean, sober and somewhat surprised about how much better music sounds now! Normally I would always take or drink something when going to bed..

I don't know how to fall asleep anymore and it's scary to think of. I only know how to pass out. There wont be much sleep this night I'm afraid and the third and fourth day is closing in - those days that I have never been able to get past. And I have to get through them without pills either. I always end up just slamming down whatever I can get my hands on.

Good news is, I realised how amazingly comfy my bed actually is. It's like lying in a big, warm hug. I may feel like crap but with this strange, comfortable twist.

Goodnight everyone and sleep tight! Tomorrow will be a new day with new challenges, surprises and meals to be prepared!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear that you sober tonight. I have always found that it helps to have something to listen to really low in the background so that my toughts don`t start spinning. Also guided meditations on Spotify really, really helped me. I have struggled with insomnia for years, but after a while with the guided meditations I can fall asleep within 10-20 minutes. Wishing you all the luck in the world!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you sleep well Fatale

D
Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just don't start drinking/drugging again or you'll start the w/d cycle all over again... and the first few days can be hell. Stay clean and sober - it's worth it. Sleep will come, your body has to relearn to sleep on its own, that's all.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopefully you have fallen asleep Fatale

Just wanted to say well done and that your body and mind will level itself out...just takes a bit of time

Hang in there
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I downloaded some sleep hynosis apps. They really help x you can download them for free from various sites too. Saying that it is 2.30am here and i am still awake and have work in five hours :/
Old 06-17-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Goodmorning everyone and thanks for the replies! I will try your advices out in the coming nights.

It was only possible for me to get a few hours of sleep. But I actually feel alot more fresh and awake now, than when I would just wake up from having passed out. I also noticed that I don't need water next to me all the time. Normally I would drink a huge amount of water as soon as I woke up, because I would feel completely dehydrated. Now I can leave it in my refrigerator and have a nice, cold glass of water and enjoy it - rather than needing it.

Looking forward to tonight!