Notices

Mr. Wine Dear John Letter

Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mr. Wine Dear John Letter

I wrote this almost 4 months ago and it really helped me! Never touched a drop since, life is s much better!!!

Dear Wine~

I have been playing a game of hide and seek with you for years and I am tired of playing. You no longer will get the best of me, I proved this to you at my last party. To my amazement, I didn't even have the urge to have you with me. You are a tricky person, you beg me just for a glass and then scream and bother me the rest of the night. You are so irritating and you need so much attention. You are self-absorbed and could care less how you negatively affect me. I no longer see you as sexy, glamorous or chic, you are like the devil in the exorcist, you are stink, expensive, highly over rated and so yesterday! Healthy living is chic and feels wonderful.
I have tried bargaining with you and you usually get the best of me, so I am breaking up with you. Much to my surprise, this is much easier than I thought. For some blessed reason, I have lost my desire for you. I have waited years for this. We started off as an occasional date, once a week; you were good to me then. You knew your place and didn't cause me any grief. Then when you knew you were under my skin, when life got tough your true colors came out. You were the one that I would turn to and you loved it!! You knew you were an empty promise, a liar as you promised that my issues would go away with you. You promised me a better time at social events, but all I got was fuzzy head and regret the next day that I said something stupid. You also filled my body with poison and the next day, all day, I felt like crap and you could care less, you got the best of me and knew in your sick mind, that I would be back for more. Well not anymore and this is why. I rid myself of you forever. I will not give you the satisfaction of beating me again, ever.
With God and Dr. XXX on my team you are defenseless. You are no longer welcome in my home, I will not invite you to dinner parties with me, you are not allowed on flights with me or on any trips, cancel all future events on the calendar because you are un-invited!!! You won't even bother me when I see you on dinner menus, or people ask me if I want you. I am so over you! Gosh this is so liberating!! Free at last and looking forward to the rest of my life without your burden.

A sober life rocks!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That was really powerful - so glad you shared that!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

Very good glad I seen it!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. I did the same thing in my head. Said goodbye, good riddance, sayonara. Congratulations. 2 years and never going back either. Sobriety rocks.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all!! This time is different, I tried to stop before, but kept it a secret. This time I treated it like a divorce, I told my spouse how bad it got (he was in shock) my parents, my kids (not all of the details) I told the circle of thoes I love that I no longer drink. By telling them I feel even more responsible to my word. I even went on a trip alone and didn't touch wine!! I am SO over Mr. Wine!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
returning to the fold

I don't know quite why but this thread made me smile and added positivity to my own attempt at sobriety. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back asoberliferocks - and thanks for sharing your letter
congratulations on 4 months

D