Notices

Very New and a Concerned Mother

Old 06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very New and a Concerned Mother

I have been reading threads on this forum and most of them seem to be about spouses or significant others. The advice is to leave them if they relapse.

My problem is I have only one child and he is an alcoholic. It's a long story how he became that way but to make it short, he was married twice. The women were much older and they literally, physically beat the crap out of him. THEN he was diagnosed with Bipolar and depression.

Recently, he went to his first rehab and stayed for 36 days. He was doing well in rehab but the first day home he started drinking again. He was on unemployment and that ran out, so no money is coming in and he owns a very nice townhouse which I am afraid he will lose.

My son is not stupid. He worked a job for 10 years making 6 figures. I don't understand why he isolates himself and drinks. He lives alone and stays mostly in his bedroom.

I understand you can pick up and leave your spouse but I cannot do that with my child. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Is there still hope???
Old 06-16-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your struggles with your son Jillmar

I'd recommend re-posting this in the friends and family section as you'll get more responses there x