Notices

Day 7 detox - Im so ANGRY!!!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd look into everything...This site is a wealth of information for different recovery methods....Make researching recovery your new hobby...Take the one that makes sense to you and give it all you got....It's time to change your life!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Okay - I am going to do what you guys are suggesting. Obviously what I am doing isnt working to well. I think it was Albert Einstein who said " Insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result " I guess I would be a bit insane.
I feel hopeful. Having *new* things to think about & having some options I was not aware of, makes me feel hopeful. Thank you all, from my heart, thank you.
You are lifesaving - you are helping to save mine.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Heartsmiles View Post
You are lifesaving - you are helping to save mine.
That's what it's all about.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Important to remember too that an addiction to an opioid like Norco will alter your brain chemistry, especially the areas and chemicals that regulate mood and emotion. So some of the anger may be like the brain effects of withdrawal. It always helped me to realize these effects after stopping drinking. Good thing is, your brain should start to correct itself, and you can talk to your doctor if it's really bad. Exercise, sleep, good diet, low stress and above all compassion for yourself is important while your mind heals.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Heartsmiles.

I too see a psychiatrist for my mood/personality disorder. At one time my anxiety was off the charts making attending NA/AA meetings next to impossible. Luckily there was online recovery support and programs that helped me to have a place to continue with my wellness treatments.

Online places like here at SR and SOS, LifeRing,
SMART, CBT, DBT and AVRT made for a great recovery action plan.

As a dual-diagnosis person the DRA website offers some great treatment for both mental illness and addiction at the same time. Today I use an integrated approach for my treatment. I need to treat both illness at the same time otherwise I'm doing a half-backed job of getting better.

Keep working to have a good quality of life. As you grow in treatment doing more will become less a chore and more of a reward. It has worked out well for me so far, remember progress not perfection.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Cool

You are not alone in this...around day 6 or 7 of my detox from Oxy's I wanted to seriously hurt items in my house, yelled at the sun for being too bright & told people if they asked me "are u okay" one more time I was gonna lose my mind. It does get better but anger will rear it ugly head as u go along in sobriety. I have to distract myself to not say & do hurtful things. All the suggestions are great so far - once u feel better (it sucks, I feel for u but u will feel better) get out & do stuff. I hate exercise but just went for normal walks & got outside. Check out the book "Get Up: a 12 step guide for freaks & wierdos" by Bucky Sinister - great stuff. Made me laugh & see I was not as crazy as I thought. Or am I.....lol
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have thought about you all so many times this past year. I re-read my post and I can see it was never about the pool. I sounded crazy, but crazy I was feeling. Looking back at these made my eyes fill with tears. Fear and anger are emotions to feel but emotions that should not be held onto for they only harbor darkness.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I hope this was okay to put here as I know this post is old, but I wanted to connect with the members that were so very helpful, kind and supportive to me... A stranger in a very personal struggle.
I quit posting and I am very sorry. I should not have done that.

I hope someone reads this about being so angry and it helps them to see its not about the pool, it's the symptom of something greater.

Reading it again made me stop and think.