Old 06-15-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That's a deal...Try and get some sleep.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by sharp75
whats CBT?
CBT and DBT are treatment pacifically designed to help people with their mental health.
I'm glad to see you going to detox Monday. With out addressing your alcohol use your mental health will progressively get worse. I know first hand all about anxiety, insomnia and other server mental health issues. So I can empathize with you about the major mental distress it can be to suffer with those symptoms.

If you wish you can see the chemist about herbal and over the counter sleep aids. First find out if these remedies have any bad reactions to alcohol if you happen to find yourself drinking wile taking them.

Above all please be gentle with yourself. Do not blame yourself for having the problems you have described. Once sober you can then address those issues, but for now just take care.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How you doing sharp?...I hope you got some sleep. And I hope you are feeling a little better. Let me know what you are doing.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey love,
This is scary stuff i know. I struggle with addiction and when you are battling withdrawals and the urge to use anxiety and fear can grip your mind and not let go. What works best for me when I feel this starting to come on is breathing excercises. If i feel up tp it I will go for a walk or if you would rather stay inside just lay down take a deep breath in (count one) breath out (count two) deep breath in (count three) all the way up to ten concentrating on your breathing. Block any other thoughts from your mind. Just know that it will pass eventually. I strongly agree with everyone about speaking with your Dr. Maybe you can speak with a therapist to work out your anxieties. I am going to just saw be careful if they try to subscribe something for your anxiety such as xxanax as it is very addictive and you do not want to substitute one for another. Best of luck. you are not alone
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Just wondering how you are?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Sharp, still with us? How did it go today?