SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today, to support my sobriety, I will _________ differently (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/259613-today-support-my-sobriety-i-will-_________-differently.html)

EternalQ 06-15-2012 12:12 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will _________ differently

Fill in the blank...... (Commit to yourself, while giving ideas to others!)

Today, to support my sobriety, I will PRIORITIZE differently. I will give at least as much attention to my private and social life as i do to my work life. I will strive for balance.

Fallow 06-15-2012 12:27 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will REACT differently. Through acceptance I will not allow outside influences to affect my chances for lasting sobriety.

Sapling 06-15-2012 06:35 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will do nothing differently.

I'll live in the steps....Like I did yesterday. Why change something that works?

tara8888 06-15-2012 06:41 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will allow my husband to help me.

In the past I would try to do it all on my own but now I know I might have to ask for help every now and then. It is very humbling to admit you need to rely on others every now and then.

recoverywfaith 06-15-2012 06:50 AM

Everday I ask God to keep changing me.

FredG 06-15-2012 06:51 AM

Today to support my sobriety, I will give it away

nonblondechef 06-15-2012 06:57 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will quit pleasing others for all the wrong reasons.

tomsteve 06-15-2012 07:40 AM

early in recovery, the answer would have been i would do EVERTHING differently.

Luling 06-15-2012 07:47 AM

I will ...

... calm down differently (i.e. go for a walk instead of drink)
... socialize differently (AA instead of my drinking with friends)
... cook differently (get it ready early in the day so I won't be in the kitchen at "happy hour"

EternalQ 06-16-2012 03:21 PM

Today to support my sobriety, I will SOCIALIZE differently. I will not think of myself and my social anxiety (an excuse to drink).
Instead I will think of others and focus on getting to know them and what interests them.

sugarbear1 06-16-2012 04:33 PM

Continue to work on and to increase conscious contact....

Threshold 06-16-2012 05:59 PM

today, to support my sobriety I will relax differently. No pills, no booze, no forcing myself to act like I feel chipper. I will take it easy, watch a movie, and be ok with feeling sad, rather than wish it away.

EternalQ 06-17-2012 07:52 PM

Today to support my sobriety, I will REACT differently. I will act in a way that is the greatest good for all concerned. I will take the long view. I will not assume the worst. I will give others the benefit of the doubt when possible. I will pray for those in pain and those struggling. But first I will protect my sobriety.

EternalQ 06-28-2012 12:22 AM

Today to support my sobriety, I will begin differently. I will be guided by my small still inner voice to prioritize and stay present, and I will begin with the end in mind. I will not judge myself when overwhelmed but will stop and send acceptance to myself. I will begin, where I am.

EternalQ 07-06-2012 07:52 PM

Today to support my sobriety, I will anticipate differently...
Instead of expecting to be REJECTED for not drinking,....
I will expect to be RESPECTED for not drinking....

Inca 07-06-2012 07:56 PM

Today to support my sobriety I will go to a meeting and reach out to at least one newcomer.

Fallow 07-06-2012 11:49 PM

Today to support my sobriety I will read differently. Instead of noticing how different I am I will pay attention to similarities to myself in others stories.

jennikate 07-07-2012 04:11 AM

Today, to support my sobriety, I will think differently. I will take the time I need to read, journal, breathe. For me and my sobriety.

EternalQ 07-10-2012 09:39 PM

Today to support my sobriety I will process differently. I will not examine my moods or thoughts too closely, and will instead just take breaths and do the next task in front of me mindfully... without judging it,.or evaluating myself. I shall immerse in each experience, merely noting.

Seo 07-11-2012 01:22 AM

today, to support my sobriety I will serve someone today in a way that they dont know I have done it, such as leaving a coffee or cake for a workmate, giving an anonymous donation to charity or cleaning or performing an act that someone else has been tasked to do. In other words, I will serve.