Notices

Hiding Drinks

Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hiding Drinks

Can't believe I went to get a fresh pair of socks out the drawer and found a miniture whisky bottle hidden in one of them. I had to throw it away, the whisky, not sock. I was literally 2 seconds from taking a swig. Can't even remember putting it in there. I'm guessing I'm not the only one to hide their drink.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nigel1969 View Post
Can't believe I went to get a fresh pair of socks out the drawer and found a miniture whisky bottle hidden in one of them.

I was at this but then I read the part where you almost drank it. It reminds me of my former self, I use to hide alcohol, but the only thing I ever found after I quit drinking was hidden empty beer cans.

Great job on throwing it away! .
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

I hid mine. Good for you for throwing it away!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've found full bottles and empties?!?! I must've been hiding them when I was drunk - but empties?? That must've been to fool myself that I'd drank less than I had!

I remember waking up one morning with an Elastoplast (band aid) on my knee and on the Elastoplast I had written "Don't worry, you didn't do anything embarrassing"
Jesus Christ! I'm glad I don't have to worry about things like that anymore!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Oh geez, yes. One of the reasons I used to carry a big purse was because I could hide my little airline bottles of Jack Daniels in there and nobody would look in there or see them. They're small, so I could hide them anywhere and everywhere ... and I did. They're also a lot easier to dispose of than the bigger bottles.

I've been sober over 90 days but I am STILL finding empties around the house. In coat pockets, laundry baskets, shoes ... even my underwear drawer (again, because I'm the only one who would look in there ...)

Oh, the lengths we would go to!
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerbosko View Post
I was at this but then I read the part where you almost drank it. It reminds me of my former self, I use to hide alcohol, but the only thing I ever found after I quit drinking was hidden empty beer cans.
I mainly hid empties to cover my tracks. Horrifying to have my six year old find them behind piles of toy boxes in the basement.
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go Nigel!

I think I got everything cleared out of my house but if I did come across anything?...... right down the drain.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That was my method of operation too. Each day, I would go to work and either on the way home or at lunchbreak, go buy some more beer. Work all day with a hangover and just when I was starting to not feel sick, it would be time to drink again. Then smuggle the empties out each morning. Look for an inconspicuous trashcan. I felt like a criminal. Also worried the cops would think I drank the beer in my car if they found the empties. I made sure to put them in the trunk. It was a terrible way to live. Like a refugee. For along time I felt I was getting away with something. But in the end it was just me and the alcohol. So it didn't work. Me against the alcohol. The main problem is that the amount just kept increasing. Drinking to pass out. Waking every few hours. Trying to estimate if I could drink one more and still get up in the morning. I could probably have gone on like that for along time. But I just felt too sick.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Epskie....that made me really laugh!! I can remember (a few days ago really), going to bed repeating to myself that same thing: you didn't do anything stupid, and hoping just HOPING that I would remember that in the morning and not have to try and go through the mental checklist only to know those memories were not coming back!!
The band-aid is classic...love it.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When we would be out for dinner with anyone else, I would go to the bathroom and stop at the bar on the way (if it was out of sight), and order a quick shot or two and down it. I was so sneaky...
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I hid bottles when I was living with my ex-gf. I would have to find ever more exotic places to hide them to stay ahead of the game. I would wake up and have no clue where my stash was and then have to do a circuit of all the places I could imagine. I'm sure there are still bottles out there somewhere left by me in various nooks and crannies wherever i was staying.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All funny, yet all sad on a serious note thinking of the things we had to do.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow this is what my husband does I find empty tequila or vodka bottles. Sometimes they are right in garbage can but wrapped in something. How pathetic that I rummage through the garbage. He also hides in his car as well. I just wish he would get fed up with it like all of you did. Instead he has moved out.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorting through my wool stash this morning and found two empty wine bottles in there!! And I'm sure my hubby does'nt knit.....
Ridiculous way to live!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The hiding ....like we fooled anyone least of all ourselves...I am sure I will find more empties at some point...even recall finding something half full 2 years ago and made the wrong choice that lasted what ...a week.

The whole go , get , pay , hide routine is so time and energy consuming ...nice it wasn't part of today nor the last while. All part of my crazy train on a binge...
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here you go...If you ever feel like you are alone in this....Check this thread out.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...g-alcohol.html
Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I relate to those who hid their alcohol...time consuming to find just the right place and remember where I hid it...I bought little tiny bottles of wine, they went many places with me in my large purse...