Notices

My Threads been locked.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't you like to hear different perspective of things Jitterbug. Why are you glad my thread was shut down?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Originally Posted by Nigel1969 View Post
Don't you like to hear different perspective of things Jitterbug. Why are you glad my thread was shut down?
I like hearing different viewpoints...it's just that the issue of AA or no AA has been debated endlessly here. What ever floats your boat, right? As long as one is not drinking then everything is good!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Nigel,
I really wish you the best. Day 11 through 14 was extremely difficult. Some serious emotion and anger. There will be ups and downs. Just try not to be too reactive. I'm sure you have probably had certain programs thrown at you many times and you are tired of it, feeling the need to warn people before they do it again. Please just let it go. People are really just trying to help you.

Maybe venting here is what you need, if so do it. But really think about what the underlying reason for your anger is. If it is because you are angry that you can never drink again, that you screwed up many things in life because of your drinking or that you now don't know what the h@ll to do with your time, you are in good company. I'm angry as hell and I'm going kayaking! I will try and catch up with you when I get home.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It might have been endlessly debated, but for some new comers including myself, I think there's a few that found it interesting and informative.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nigel1969 View Post
and if it helps people, thats great, but it's not for me. Oops, I better stick to my subject, sorry.
You already have made up your mind right? Interesting...yes. But it kinda side steps the issues in front of you.

I will leave this alone now. Please PM me if I can help you in any way. If you really are interested in the AA vs non AA debate, just search the locked threads. Nothing anyone says now is new.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm not that interested, and I've no intention of going to group therapy. Getting a sponsor would be quite nice however.