Notices

Help

Old 06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I am new here and am looking for comfort for my soul. There is a safety in being able to express myself here. I don't want to think that I am damaged and unable to live life on my own. I think we all have issues and could stand to be gentler with ourselves. I believe people are kind and able to love. I must come to terms with the fact that not everyone wants what is best for each other but still believe in the goodness of others.

Right now I feel alone, angry, scared, and unloved. I feel like I have failed at life and I am confused.

I know I must save myself, yet I want a helping hands, maybe many.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, the best way to predict your future is to create it.

Something must have brought you here.

Welcome, and hope you find something here that helps you on your path.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trust me dear, at some point in time we all felt like you did...and I might be still having such thoughts...do not feel lonely...there are many of us to help you
Old 06-12-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, and please stick around. There's a lot of help here
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think we all could have wrote that at some point. It gets better the further into recovery you get. Im sorry you feel this way.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justme7 View Post
Right now I feel alone, angry, scared, and unloved. I feel like I have failed at life and I am confused.
What if I told you I felt exactly like that?...And haven't had a drink in almost a year.

I know I must save myself, yet I want a helping hands, maybe many.
What if I told you this site and the rooms of AA are filled with them? Would you believe me?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I felt like that for the past 14 years. It is not a great way to feel. Through the fellowship of AA, I have found my peace again. Whatever way you do it, find a group of like-minded individuals that are all working for the same goal. It will change your life, as it has changed mine.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Welcome. This is a good place to start! Lots of support here.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by justme7 View Post
Those feelings have held me down in the past and resurface from time to time. The way to better emotional health is a skill that anyone can develop. Instruction like Emotional Wellness can be of help when troubled times cause stress.

Keep posting here at SR as there are plenty of members that have found a way out of troubling times and can help you.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, lots of great support here
I'm beginning to realize my healing and happiness must begin within.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I too am feeling like you are, and I've been sober for five years. I'm starting to realize that to be human involves a great deal of suffering and pain, its inescapable. But it doesn't mean you have to pick up a drink, we can find a better way to cope that doesn't involve digging our own grave. We are all flawed here, we are all human. There is no part of you that is unacceptable and you will find acceptance here. Thanks for being real and vulnerable.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am blessed by the support I have already received. Tears came to my eyes when I read these replies. I just came back from a walk with my daughter. The weather is beautiful and the water is soothing. I love the green trees and the warm breeze. I feel like I can survive.

I regret the money I have spent and I know I can not get it back. I don't want to forget I have done this but I don't want to live under the burden of my guilt. I must find balance and know I have the power to make the right choices for myself.

I still must be so gentle with myself. I like to play this game of "what would you tell your friend, if they were you". It helps, I used to think I would just be accepting now I know I must be honest as well. There are things you do that can't be undone, luckily we should only pay once for our wrongs. We also need to own them to ensure they do not happen again. It isn't enough to pretend to forgive myself any more. Now I must take my future into my own hands and make better decisions.

I do not feel so alone since I have found this site. There is comfort in the anonymity of this site, yet there is also hope. I do not want to go out in this world and feel judged. I think also it is because I judge myself. I look forward to the day I no longer judge myself or others and simply just be. It takes a while to bury and lay to rest those old self-defeating habits.

I have a way to go yet I have come so far. I will just enjoy this moment of peace and respite that I have been granted.

Much Love to All!