Notices

Thinking it might be time to stop

Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You sound just like me too! Fully functioning, Mom, wife, great job, great everything. Weekend binge drinker only. But I can tell something is not right with my drinking. Even though everyone else says that I don't have a problem. Things with drinking have started to transition into a more serious drinking. It's not as fun as it used to be. I used to be the life of the party, and while I'm still fun, I can tell I'm thinking about what my next drink will be. How long can I keep this awesome buzz without getting too overboard? The thought of going to AA, admitting I have a problem, and giving up drinking forever is flat out terrifying. I'm in your boat, convincing myself I have a few good years in me before I really get down the road to serious problems.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Forgetting

I can so relate to this post Green. It is maddening. God, it used to make me feel so defeated and angry and frustrated. I wish you the best. You will feel relieved to be sober eventually, I promise. It's a huge relief.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is really a great post for me!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Green!

I agree with the others - all the things you said were true for me, too. I started to have problems with chronic depression when I was 18 but it was nothing like the anxiety/depression I had while drinking. I'm glad I don't have to live that way anymore, waking up every morning and dreading the day.

Keep reading and posting - you really can have a better life!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree completely. The drinking for me just kept increasing. Once I made the decision to not have any alcohol. It was a weight lifted off of me. The daily inner struggle.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cinderblock18 View Post
You sound just like me too! Fully functioning, Mom, wife, great job, great everything. Weekend binge drinker only. But I can tell something is not right with my drinking. Even though everyone else says that I don't have a problem. Things with drinking have started to transition into a more serious drinking. It's not as fun as it used to be. I used to be the life of the party, and while I'm still fun, I can tell I'm thinking about what my next drink will be. How long can I keep this awesome buzz without getting too overboard? The thought of going to AA, admitting I have a problem, and giving up drinking forever is flat out terrifying. I'm in your boat, convincing myself I have a few good years in me before I really get down the road to serious problems.
The thought of going to AA, admitting I have a problem, and giving up drinking forever is flat out terrifying.

I'll tell you something more terrifying than that...No kids...No husband...No job...No nothing. You say it's not as much fun as it used to be?...That's a good sign it's not working....I hope you don't take a few good years to figure that out...Listen to me....I already figured it out for you.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Sapling. I never thought of losing everything. The more I'm on here, the more comfortable I am feeling about my problem. I'm not the only one, thank the Lord! I can see the disease progressing, and recognizing all the symptoms the more posts I see. Thank you again.