Notices

God's Sense of Humor....Seriously, Pretty Funny

Old 06-11-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God's Sense of Humor....Seriously, Pretty Funny

I fly on Delta a lot...I'm their top tier flier (Diamond Medallion), and basically upgrade on every flight. Since sobriety, if you can believe this, I usually give up my upgrade to somebody on the plane I think needs it. There are two reasons besides it just makes me feel real good about myself:

1. The primary benefit is free and unlimited liquor - I don't need that anymore
2. The second benefit are the larger seats, although reclining isn't that great. Well, I'm small enough that the extra width just doesn't do anything.
3. The included meal is usually very high in sodium, so I pass on it.

Ok - God's sense of humor

I'm flying to Austin tonight as I type with my wife as we are relocating. I purchased my ticket to keep accruing status and used miles for my wife. Although Delta upgrades you in pairs, it only applies if you buy both tickets - so my wife's ticket doesn't count. Naturally, I gave my wife my upgrade.

Well, I've always noted to myself how the really beautiful / glamorous people never end up sitting next to me. Guess who is sitting next to my wife, who is sitting in my upgrade? Terri Hatcher from Desparate Housewives.....DAMN DAMN DAMN!! That was my seat!!!!

Second big joke - I tried to get online with my laptop, but for some reason the internet isn't working. I asked the flight attendant who said there was nothing he could do. So what does the flight attendant offer me while sitting in "cattle class" - FREE BOOZE! He says, do you want a drink (I am thinking he is just taking an order). I say water, he says no - a "drink". I say no thanks, he says "no, really...." I say no thanks again, but I'm a drunk!!

I can just see God now rolling on the floor laughing. Who knows what the rest of the flight will bring, but I bet it will be just as abusively amusing.

PS - I had to go up to 1st class, lean over Terri Hatcher, and ask my wife to borrow her laptop, which was connecting to the internet.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Man this is killing me. I wonder if my wife will toss me a bone and ask Terri to give me hug on the way off the plane...My wife is in row 2, I'm in row 5 - right behind the see through curtain. They are just yapping away...

hehehe...my wife is such a pure and lovely person. She can engage anybody in conversation, and in a way that endears people - not one that makes it feel gratuitous or star struck. I love my wife, she's awesome. But damn, I'm still pretty jealous!!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was married to a flight attendant...I always sat in first class....Now that I think about it....The only part of it I liked was the free drinks. Great post ML!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahaha! Enjoy your flight!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Sitting in first class next to Teri Hatcher with unlimited free booze...my God, that is this alcoholic's fantasy. Although, I am sure Ms. Hatcher would have requested a seating change by my 4th or 5th drink haha.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jitterbugg View Post
Sitting in first class next to Teri Hatcher with unlimited free booze...my God, that is this alcoholic's fantasy. Although, I am sure Ms. Hatcher would have requested a seating change by my 4th or 5th drink haha.
Down right hysterical, right? It is like God saying...hey buda , Allah, yaway, Zeus, etc....check out this prank I'm gonna pull on Mental...
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:rotfxko
He does have a sense of humor, what a story
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, MentalLoop. As a lifelong Teri Hatcher fan (since Superman), and a frequent lifelong Delta first class flier, I am jealous on your behalf! But think of the massive points with the wife! Someone I know will be feeling great before the evening ends, and without booze! Good for you!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

"Oh, honey, you look so beautiful, can I take your picture?"
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
"Oh, honey, you look so beautiful, can I take your picture?"
LMAO....i just got this.