Notices

The God Box

Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

The God Box

This has really helped me in my recovery this time around. I only have 5 months, 6 on the 19th, but it has been a life saver!

This is from my sponsor.

I went to the dollar store and got two pineapple plastic boxes. The lid lifts off of them. I got one yellow one and one and one green one. I labeled one God and one Miracles. I then cut up small pieces of paper that I can fold and they easily fit into the God Box.
I put down onto one paper, a problem I have been having and date it. For example, the first one I put in, which was on 4/17/12 was : Dear God, I don't know how to solve my relationship with _________, I give that to you to do with as you please." I then put it in to the God Box and forget about it. I did that with each problem that I had, and a few prayers. One of my prayers was "I want a cheap vacation for two weeks for the boys and I this summer." 4/17/12 I put them all into my God Box and forget about them.

Then the Miracles began to happen.

I have now moved out of my home and found me another really close to my old subdivision.
I got a call last weekend for a free cruise in Florida, which is where I thought I might take the boys for a little r&r. It turned out to be a Cheap Vacation!! I have 9 nights and 8 days at a Disney Land resort, all food and beverages paid for and a free cruise to the Bahamas for 3 nights and 2 days! It cost me $745, but for two weeks in Florida and the Bahamas that's CHEAP!

Out of the 50 or so, only 2 have begun to come true, but maybe others are and I just can't see them yet.

My sponsor told me that when I start seeing them solved, put them into my Miracle Box. What that will do for me is to make my Faith in God much stronger, and it will get easier and easier for me to just "Let Go And Let God".

Mind you, I am just starting my journey, with a new life for my kids, but I am now seeing the light at the end of my tunnel.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbrooke View Post
Mind you, I am just starting my journey, with a new life for my kids, but I am now seeing the light at the end of my tunnel.
That's what it's all about...When you see that light...Just keep going towards it.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I think I will get myself 2 boxes today.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I am so happy for you aeo1313! It really has worked for me. I prayed every morning for God to solve my problems when I was really trying to solve them myself. It gave me a whole new perspective on what I was doing. It has been what has saved my emotional and spiritual selves. And when I think of it, my mental self also. I am really in my head all the time, it is helping me to step aside and let God, or whatever you want to call it, maybe the Creative Forces work in my life.