Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Half an our of sobriety...no money left..good bye guys..this is not for me..thank you

Notices

Half an our of sobriety...no money left..good bye guys..this is not for me..thank you

Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

AA isnt a religious program. its a spiritual program. you may benefit from reading the Big Book of alcoholics anonymous:
Big Book On Line

prayers yer way from this once hopeless helpless drunk.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok, so it sounds like you are the town-fixture drunk. So, what?! You will be what you decide to be. If you are famous as a drunk, and are, indeed, an alcoholic, you need to quash the notion of moderate drinking. It just doesn't happen for us, and, even if you were to try, it would require all your effort and time.

As you've been advised above by others, you need to get sober to be able to deal with your other problems, whether they be reputation, unemployability, or financial ruin. I hope you'll take an honest look in the mirror at yourself, and then decide that you won't let goddam alcohol define you for whatever life you have remaining. Make it count.

You are not dealing with much of anything that most of us haven't also dealt with. Let your depression be a wake up call, like it has been for so many of us. Get professional help with it, and start rebuilding your life. And, don't quit SR; rather, come here all the time.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

tom, I know several "famous" people who come in to the AA meetings near me. They come when they are visiting their parents.

Not a big deal, they are people recovering from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and being. Very authentic people and humbled. Then there was the local judge who spoke a couple weeks ago...he spoke about losing his 31 year old daughter to cancer and then broke down and cried for a bit, very emotional. I spoke with him afterwards, what a wonderful man he is. We are all human.

Doesn't matter what we do for a living or how people know us, if we want to get well.

there's a reason for the word "anonymous"
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The longer you drink, the worst it will get. Why not take a breather and get some rest. You know, get your head clear. Stop drinking for a bit and see how that goes. If you don't like it then the wine will always be there.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tom444 View Post
help is far away for me because I am a famous alcoholic........
Aren't we all Tom?....Alcoholics I mean.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support....now I am coming back to the reality...by the time I posted this I was at the peak of craving and depression and I am alright now...I had a drink after 6 days and I will try to avoid this in the coming days....
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support....now I am coming back to the reality...by the time I posted this I was at the peak of craving and depression and I am alright now...I had a drink after 6 days and I will try to avoid this in the coming days....
Good...Check in here often....Go to a meeting and listen to people that have stopped. Do what you have to do...Just don't drink today.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good for you! Don't let the stupid MF win. You can beat it, but you will likely have setbacks, as we all have. Be stronger. Personify your addiction and wrestle it to the ground. Put it in a chokehold. Defeat it. You can do it!