Notices

Going into rehab next week

Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going into rehab next week

I’ll have 3 days of detox followed by 21 days of rehab. I have no idea what to expect. I’ve been drinking for 25+ years so it’s scary right now for me to imagine life without ever having a drink again. I’m new to this forum and haven’t been able to find a search function. If anyone can point me in the direction of some threads that might shed some light on what to expect it would be much appreciated!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Yellow Bee

I have no personal experience of rehab but I know many of our members have - I'm sure you'll hear from them directly

good to have you join us

D
Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sure there are people here who can and will. I've done rehab twice (except for the food it was a good experience) My fellow rehabers were the best. My best to you and your experience. Don't hide food in your room and remember its ok to cry and laught. all my best to you.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome YellowBee...I have some experience with rehab...Nothing to be afraid of. I drank for about 10 more years than you did...I didn't think it was possible for me to live without alcohol either....I've had it out of my life for about a year now.....And looking back...I don't see how it was possible that I lived with it in my life for so long. Try not to look at it as something you are losing ....Think about it as something you will be gaining. You have any questions about rehab...Fire away.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I haven't had any detox experience myself, but I'm sure it'll be a good start to your recovery. Welcome to SR x

I found these too, c/o google:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...periences.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...xperience.html
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I have had 3 rehabs and a halfway house all by the time I was 18. I wasn't scared, I was forced. So if you are doing this on your own, then congratulations. You can do it. My friend just went through rehab and she has 1 year and a couple months. You can do it!