Notices

Well I did it...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I did it...

Just released from an inpatient treatment center. Went through the detox and still caught all the meetings ..they had 5 every day. I did a lot of soul searching there... Learned a lot of how to cope with my problems. And not blame myself for everything... And to take care of my self before anything else. My girl surprisingly is proud and happy for me and not pissed like I thought she would be. My plan to stay sober is using their out patient program for a while. That would be 3 meetings a day, which I'm ok with. I couldn't stand being away from her for that long. I checked myself in and had the choice to leave anytime but I didn't.... Gotta say I'm proud of myself. Off to the sober life for good this time!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back eh...You sound better. What kind of meetings you doing?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There's 3 different ones I'm not exactly sure I have to check the pamphlet again but I'm already signed up and paid for the first month.... Thank God my insurance covers most of it.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You didn't do any introduction to AA in there?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes we had AA meetings at night
Old 06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats, eh. You should be proud. But the work you have to do on the outside is a little different. Glad you are continuing with the outpatient. Best wishes. Keep posting.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Meetings are nice. I personally enjoy being in the company of others who are going through the same thing. I enjoy the AA meetings more than the Intensice Outpatient meetings i had to go to because there are so many people at AA that have such long periods of sobriety under their belts. It's a reminder that the program really does work if you stay comitted to it.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Yes we had AA meetings at night
Yeah,,,I had them in my rehab...Basically they just brought speakers in...Did you like them?....What's your plan to stay sober after out patient?
Old 06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back eh

D
Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Yeah,,,I had them in my rehab...Basically they just brought speakers in...Did you like them?....What's your plan to stay sober after out patient?
To be honest... I didn't like them because it seemed like 2-3 people always took up all the time with their own stories. I liked the one on one counseling sessions we had there though. That's why I'm going to be seeing a counselor who specializes in addiction. My plan is to do that for now... Long term... I'll have to work on that as I'm doing these things. I'm also going to see my general doctor to get on some sort of anxiety medication because I know that's my biggest trigger.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I would highly recommend getting sponsor so you can get through the steps as soon as you can. I was not a fan of getting a sponsor myself being a guy and all. and I thought I could work the steps on my own(I was not a fan of the steps neither) however the many relapses I had made me think twice and just like you, I used to have panic attacks, gotten meds from my Psychiatrist and worked the program with my sponsor.