Notices

Day4 going to mtg

Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

They didn't keep me and I saw no bibles or had any thrown at me. I have no internet right now where I live so just am on here by phone, 'til right now (borrowing a friend's computer at their business). I don't know how all that works, with the meetings and everything. I'll get the hang of it after I get to more meetings and courage to ask wth's going on. They gave me a "newcomer" welcome chip, for those with 1-30 days sobriety, I think they said. What was funny was there were two other newcomers, and all 3 of us women have the same name - and our name's not super-common. I'm a private person and sorta quiet, so this was waaaaay outta my comfort zone (which can be a good place to be)!

What a day, though. Walked from work to the meeting, then walked back 3 more miles after the mtg; very hot day to walk. Unwise, w/the nausea I've had past couple of days. Of course, I wanted to stop on the way for a beer (even w/nausea. Yeah, brilliant). Nope. Kept goin'. My roommate invited me out to dinner. Offered me a drink. Nope. Offered to buy me some wine and beer on the way back. Oh, mannnn, I wanted to cave in so badly. He knows I'm determined to stop. This is an ongoing thing with him. I haven't told him I went to a meeting. He may make things even more difficult (yes, he's an alcoholic). Nope, didn't give in. Considered still stopping by a store a little later. Nope. Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Thanks again. This really does help!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes you can do it. "You didnt have any bibles thrown at you" thanks for the good laugh.

Remember its a spiritual program NOT religious.

Stay on the beam it all work out.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The more you go the easier it gets good job for staying strong & saying no to the offered drinks! That is awesome!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fairenough View Post
They didn't keep me and I saw no bibles or had any thrown at me. I have no internet right now where I live so just am on here by phone, 'til right now (borrowing a friend's computer at their business). I don't know how all that works, with the meetings and everything. I'll get the hang of it after I get to more meetings and courage to ask wth's going on. They gave me a "newcomer" welcome chip, for those with 1-30 days sobriety, I think they said. What was funny was there were two other newcomers, and all 3 of us women have the same name - and our name's not super-common. I'm a private person and sorta quiet, so this was waaaaay outta my comfort zone (which can be a good place to be)!

What a day, though. Walked from work to the meeting, then walked back 3 more miles after the mtg; very hot day to walk. Unwise, w/the nausea I've had past couple of days. Of course, I wanted to stop on the way for a beer (even w/nausea. Yeah, brilliant). Nope. Kept goin'. My roommate invited me out to dinner. Offered me a drink. Nope. Offered to buy me some wine and beer on the way back. Oh, mannnn, I wanted to cave in so badly. He knows I'm determined to stop. This is an ongoing thing with him. I haven't told him I went to a meeting. He may make things even more difficult (yes, he's an alcoholic). Nope, didn't give in. Considered still stopping by a store a little later. Nope. Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Thanks again. This really does help!
Carry that chip with you...and that's pretty cool with the three of you having the same name...You'l see a lot of "coincidences"?...In AA...Maybe you three will become good friends...You never know. It is great for you to get out of your comfort zone...And walking into that meeting is a prime example of that...Congrats and kudos to you for doing that. As far as your roommate goes....Other alkies don't like to see their alkie friends stop drinking...I think it throws way too many red flags at them.....Just be careful with him...Maybe have a sitdown and let him know what this means to you. You have a great deal of strength and you seem determined to make this work....That's what it takes. Keep going to meetings...Keep an eye out for a woman with some sober time that has what you want....I looked for a guy that talked about the Big Book and the steps. You can walk up to one and ask if they would be willing to sponsor you....To take you through the steps. Most cases they say yes...Unless they are too busy...Or have other issues to deal with. You're doing great!!...Keep coming back and keep us up to date how you are doing.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
Yes you can do it. "You didnt have any bibles thrown at you" thanks for the good laugh.

Remember its a spiritual program NOT religious.

Stay on the beam it all work out.
I appreciate the encouragement. Yes I know it's not religious. Was responding to another's comment. Maybe someone SHOULD have thrown one, God knows I needed it.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

btw, INSOMNIA

Let's hope this insomnia goes away soon. Sheesh, so tired but can't sleep. Well, another mtg starts in a bit over 3 hrs. Might as well, if I'm still awake by then. And I've become so thirsty (for water). I never realized how much alcohol affected me 'til all this.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It get better fairenough...It just takes a little time.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
AA member

Keep on with the water fairenough,keep well hydrated.

The insomnia will get better,there is always someone around on here whatever time of day it is,I have just got up here in the UK,another wet day but I am sober and I never lose my gratitude for that.

I wish you well.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

good on you,

fair enough . You may need to make new friends. it really annoys me when people do that, you told your friend that you are giving up.

Don't overdo it, take care of yourself, treat yourself gently.

love
carol