Notices

It's been a while.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dom,
I think what you said about giving up drinking for others and not yourself was important and one to think about. Step 1. I think is the hardest.
Take Care
Love
CaiHong
Old 06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dom, are you getting to your meetings ??

All the best.

Bob
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Dom, I hope you can get some help with the caregiving so you can concentrate on yourself more. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks everyone for all the support. As far as meeytings go, no. I haven't had time, and when I say that I truly mean it. I don't even have time to finish my laundry, much less go to a meeting. Hopefully things will turn around in that aspect soon though.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hang in there Dom...You have friends here...You know that...Let's try to get it right this time.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I know how life can come down hard on a person. It used to squeeze me into the can or bottle every time. I'd say it is what it is and continue to slither through another day.

But hey its another day 4...so that another good restart. I hope you can make some time in you busy scheduled to get to a meeting or something.

But for reals, I know and you know that this has to stop...right. You can and will stop drinking. No more excuses. You seem to me the kind of person that once you put your mind to something it gets done...period. Play time is over with this drinking shite. Get on it and get it done. Am I wrong...I don't think so, your way way to smart...so stop using your smarts to drink ok.

Anywho, you seem like a very straight forward person... a no BS type. So I'm trying this angle on you, maybe I'm wrong, this is just how people that love me put it out to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Dom!!! I'm so happy to see you here again

Sounds like life has been rough lately! I can't remember if you had a sponsor before you got pneumonia and everything went downhill from there. That might be a really good idea, especially if you are not able to make it to many meetings right now.

And I totally understand being afraid of sounding redundant. I have that same fear right now. But people keep saying that they are not sick of me, and that they will continue to tell me the truth about what is going to save my life.

I started sobriety at a really crappy time in my life. And I actually used that as an excuse, saying "it's just not the right time to try and conquer this". What I was told was that there is never a good time. And what I learned was that I was putting it off because I didn't want to feel like sh*t. But I already felt like **** while drinking.

I support you on making it to your 5th day! Every day is such a HUGE victory. And every victory makes the next victory a little easier to achieve.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
Yeah, I gotta be honest though, day 4 is always hell for me. Im used to it by now though. I wish people could be put on hold for about 36 hours so I can lock myself up and sleep through it (if I could sleep).

Sorry you are going through so much. I can relate to day 4. Once I getpast day 4 and the 1st sober weekend it downhill sailing---HUGS
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Dom and gratz on day 5 today
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back! No apologies needed, we care about you and just want a good life for you! I'm sorry for the stresses you are going through with family. Everyone has given such good advice here, just wanted to add, glad you are back! I have thought about you and looked for posts from you, always hoping for the very best for you.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Congrats on your sober progress.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Dom?

D