SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Calling All Educators.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/258859-calling-all-educators.html)

sugarbear1 06-06-2012 08:16 PM

Calling All Educators....

Who on here is in the field of education ---- any capacity???

Assistants, teachers, professors, whomever.....

I will be joining you once again! I am about to sign a contract to work for a special education school as a 1:1 Teacher Assistant!!!!!!

Yes! I am back in the field I studied!!!

All teachers, give me a shout out here!! (we are also helping a newby who is a teacher)

:ring :tyou :herewego :ghug3 :scoregood

MsJax 06-06-2012 08:59 PM

I'm not an educator sugarbear, but I still think that's pretty awesome :)

Dee74 06-06-2012 09:03 PM

congratulations D! :D

D

Jeni26 06-06-2012 09:07 PM

Hi sugar bear!
Yes I'm a teacher of children with severe learning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour.
Takes every bit of my energy to keep up with them, but I love it!
So happy to hear your news, well done xx

CaiHong 06-06-2012 10:08 PM

Sugarbear,

That is fantastic. I teach English, my job performance is so much better since being sober and I never get tired like I used to.

Good for you
Love
caiHong

Luling 06-06-2012 10:18 PM

Congratulations, sugarbear!

I'm not working at the moment, but I'll probably go back when our 2-year-old starts kindergarten. Before our wee one was born, I taught middle school English. (It's probably hard to tell that I taught English; I tend to take a lot lot of liberties with grammar, usage, and mechanics, but I prefer to think of them as stylistic choices.)

Anyway, keep us posted on your new job; that's so exciting!

wellwisher 06-07-2012 01:28 AM

sugarbear....

not a teacher, but am ecstatic for you.

I've loved watching how your life has evolved over the past year and am really happy for you.

All my best...

frances2011 06-07-2012 01:57 AM

Another not-a-teacher but a Sugar-Bear-Fan who wants to say CONGRATS!!!!! :)

LoftyIdeals 06-07-2012 03:11 AM

Congrats, Sugarbear! Great news for you, and great news for your students!

recoverywfaith 06-07-2012 05:10 AM

Congtats SB.....I know this is something you wanted to do. Happy for you.

JustBreath 06-07-2012 05:14 AM

I am a mother so I am a form of teacher ;)

Congratulations Sugar!! I am so happy for you!

Xxx

tomsteve 06-07-2012 05:20 AM

hmmmm. cuould this be some of the promises taking shape in your life???

wonderfullife 06-07-2012 06:04 AM

Science teacher almost a decade now. Love it. I used to think the kids drove me to drink (in a funny way), now I think they might help me indirectly in this battle. they are great.

LDT 06-07-2012 06:09 AM

Music educator here, SB. Lots of years in my field, both in the public and private sector. I love my job!

And Congrats on yours!~

sugarbear1 06-07-2012 06:34 AM

Absolutely, Tomsteve! Not only am I about to work after one year + of unemployment, but I found out I am able to get my personal things out of storage that I thought were "gone" years ago!

The promises are real. I've witnessed so many miracles in 25 years of being in/out/around AA. Today I am a humble member of AA!

KDL is a teacher, also. I was kind of hoping that more educators will come out of the woodwork here.

Deep down, no matter what our problems are, we can work through them. If we get to enough AA meetings, we WILL meet new people we can relate to. Although I love the meetings where the judge, the trash collector, the retail clerk and the homeless person bond beyond all reason. That is the program working for us....

Have a wackulously sober day!

aeo1313 06-07-2012 07:12 AM

Great!!! Congrats!!!

I am a special education para-educator in a high school and I love it!! The kids are great and keep me going! (I am thrilled to be on summer break right now though!!)

Fandy 06-07-2012 07:22 AM

I'm a surgical program admin for 3rd and 4th year med. students. I have approximately 240 students per year that I shepard through surgical clerkship/critical care and grade. I help those that choose surgery as their residency career get ready for their interviews, write CVs, personal statements.

sugarbear1 06-07-2012 02:28 PM

Thanks!

Leemzer 06-07-2012 02:54 PM

I'm a teacher as well, sugarbear! 10 years as a special education teacher, 15 total!!

indakut 06-07-2012 04:58 PM

I am an 21 year elementary teacher in a VERY urban area. I used to drink as a result of my job and concern for my students. Now I do my job but don't worry about my students and their home life. I had to take a step back for preservation. Alcohol was killing me and my performance as a teacher sucked! Now, I have more energy and can deliver my lessons with enthusiasm.
Good luck Sugarbear!