Notices

Drying out after 20 years

Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There's a 6 month waiting list for any recovery rehab programs. I'm gonna fight this thing on my own, there's not much choice.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Boy do I understand cravings when in early sobriety. A couple recovery tools that helped me durring those times were Getting past the cravings and SMART RecoveryŽ - DISARM.

Therse recover tools are secular in nature. Nigel do you have a preference regarding recovery programs? I'm a secular spiritual person so I have had the best recovery results with recovery tools. Maybe you are more of a mystical spiritual or religious person and AA might be a best fit for you. Whatever you want to be or do is still all good. I'm just asking a couple questions and not trying to push anything on you.

Keep posting here, that's a good way to take your mind off cravings. Maybe offer your support to someone here at SR and in the possess you will be helped as well. Its a good feeling to help others out of a life of active addiction.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks pal, I'm more Spiritual I guess. I feel I can only help support others, when I feel able to. At the moment, my help and advice is a waste of time. I need to help myself first, then give my experience to others.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Nigel1969 View Post
I feel I can only help support others, when I feel able to. At the moment, my help and advice is a waste of time. I need to help myself first, then give my experience to others.
True but support can be something as simple as offering just a few words of encouragement. No experience required.

Hope to see you around here from time to time.