Notices

Found 3 bottles.... & DUMPED THEM OUT!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Found 3 bottles.... & DUMPED THEM OUT!!!

day 16 and i'm happy to report a small victory for me yesterday while cleaning out my garage!

First...was cleaning off the workbench & came across a HUGE bottle of vodka....1/3 full (insert instant sinking feeling)...i had no idea that was even there! i kinda freaked out a little bit & ran to the back yard & dumped it down the drain in the yard. As it poured out, the smell was overwhelming...medicinal smell...like rubbing alcohol...nasty yet a brief though of drinking it passed through my mind while it glugged out of the bottle....

So I was texting with an AA friend & told her i found the bottle & dumped it & we exchanged happiness of my sucess in dumping it out!

but then...continuing to clean cabinets above workbench & open a cabinet i never go in & find 2 bottles - one of vodka & one of rum. i shut the cabinet and for almost 2 hours while cleaning i debate with myself on if i should dump those out too! why am i even contemplating?! i know the answer! DUMP it!!! finally after the hours have passed, i decide to bring the bottles inside to ask my husband if it was okay that i dumped them out (he hid them in the garage from me after i relapsed a little over 2 weeks ago)...and he said GO FOR IT!

bottles #2 & #3 were dumped down the kitchen sink. it hit me as i poured them out that i was actually kinda SAD about it. it was weird. then i thought it was even more weird that i would even be sad about it in the first place!

....am an alcoholic or what?

....day 16 & sober!

LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

brilliant brilliant brilliant as they say alcoholism is at the bottom of your bed doing press ups waiting for you to get up, swing that boot and kick it out. one day at a time keep the faith
Old 06-04-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Congratulations on your victory Jstar, sounds like you'll stay sober.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Well done. That makes the point clear that you are 100% determined.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Well done JSTAR! Sounds like you're getting some good momentum going.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow! Fantastic!!xx
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go jstar - I'm sure that took some strength

D
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OUTSTANDING~~~~~!!!!
way to go buddy~~~~
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done. You have beaten the monster by dumping the poison. The monster inside us do not want that poison to go down drains. The monster knows, if we keep drinking the poison, we will have pre-mature death and alongwith us , the monster will die , too. But it does not matter to him.. You see, how stupid this monster is !!!!!So best way is to kill the monster by starving it and not by overfeeding it. The monster must die through starvation !!! Keep it up ... As you rightly said, the potion smells really bad,once we stop drinking it, so why keep it ?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good job on 16 days and pouring out the poison!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice job on dumping it jstar...Nice job for your hubby on hiding it from you...Nice job on using your phone with an AA friend....Nice job on posting it here. Major steps in your journey to get alcohol out of your life for good...One day at a time. Don't drink today jstar....And I hope all you find today is happiness.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post

....day 16 & sober!

LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!
Amen to that! I am also on day 16 myself. Glad to have found you. I have a question for you. Are you having an lingering issues with withdrawal? I am only still going through insomnia and super sweaty palms. I was just wondering. Thx.

~Kricket
Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That is wonderful! I bet you feel great!

This reminded me that I have some empty miniature wine bottles that I need to throw out. I know right where they are- in a makeup train case high up in my closet.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
a southern belle

Same experience here,...know that feeling! But, if you're like me....there are yet more to be found! GEEZ! They just kept coming...I kept pouring and am greatful for it! Good love, mags
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Originally Posted by llastchance8 View Post
Well done. You have beaten the monster by dumping the poison. The monster inside us do not want that poison to go down drains. The monster knows, if we keep drinking the poison, we will have pre-mature death and alongwith us , the monster will die , too. But it does not matter to him.. You see, how stupid this monster is !!!!!So best way is to kill the monster by starving it and not by overfeeding it. The monster must die through starvation !!! Keep it up ... As you rightly said, the potion smells really bad,once we stop drinking it, so why keep it ?
I love that!!! Yes, we gotta kill the monster but we can't let him take us with him!

Now THAT's progress! Good for you!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kricket68 View Post
Amen to that! I am also on day 16 myself. Glad to have found you. I have a question for you. Are you having an lingering issues with withdrawal? I am only still going through insomnia and super sweaty palms. I was just wondering. Thx.

~Kricket
Cricket: i'd say that totally normal! I had over 40 days before this last run of sobriety, but I can say when I first stopped, for the first 3 weeks I was having withdrawals. Headaches, feeling shakes & dizzy at times and also horrible night sweats that lasted at least 3 weeks. Even after I relapsed for a few days & came back, the withdrawals came again but more subtle. And insomnia...that I still have some nights....probably because I drink too much coffee!

Good luck Cricket! Let's do this!