Notices

Here's what frustrates me.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Posting when you're in a bleak mood is EXACTLY what you should be doing! What you're feeling is normal, I've been there and will probably be there again, and so have many others. At the moment I'm feeling strong and positive, but I know that can easily change. Early recovery is damned hard. Our emotions are all over the place.
We are just discovering ourselves and facing some hard truths and that is far from easy.
Hang in there, watch a comedy. I'm just getting up here and going to fill my day with simple pleasures. Cooking, reading, talking with the kids.
That's what life's about. Take care xxx
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I too was able to put the booze down when pregnant.
There were other times of sobriety but the pregnancies were pretty easy, I know of women that didn't happen for and they have guilt over that. So much guilt with all this. Self loathing and a raging desire to drink in the beginning.
5 months in and so much had changed. There has been a lot of work but my children are blooming and they are proud of me.
I didn't believe alot about what I read when people said they were happy and glad they didn't pick up. I believe
Its an incredible journey where you meet yourself. There is work to be done but the main thing is not drinking, one day at a time, one heartbeat if needed.
I'm excited about my future and proud of myself.
You should be too:ghug3
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great post Karilyn, really inspirational and gives us all hope x
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great responses, you guys helped me get my mind around something that's been bugging me for a while. Sorry for getting gloomy in my last couple of responses there, my moods are all over the place, and it doesn't help that I'm going on like 3-4 hours of sleep every night. Of course this morning I woke up feeling invincible and awesome, will probably be crying for no reason later. I am officially losing my mind.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I forget what your stance on the 12 step movement was in the thread I met you in a while back...if you have an open mind for a new experience try posting these same questions in the 12 step section on alcoholism. I suspect you will find a lot of identification.