Notices

Alcohol and oxycodone ?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Asap

Alcohol and oxycodone ?

I see there are a lot of alcoholics here as well and my DOC being oxycodone well I was just wondering a lil bit about alcohol withdrawal and if the 2 compare in anyway an which seems to last longer or be worst or more additcting. I've never could really drink alcohol because of my diabetic type 2 and it effects my suguer level too much so I don't kno much on it but I've heard really bad story's and seen what the out come of a alcoholic can become.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All I can say is that I have BTDT. Oxy was my first DOC and I did mix it some with wine (I didn't drink very much at that time). In my second rehab there was a depressing thing that happened. A staff member who was a former addict apparently relapsed and died of an opiate/ alcohol OD. There was an initial question at the time if it was a suicide (he died with a drink in one hand and bills in the other). He was only 37. It was ultimately ruled accidental. Don't know what to tell ya about mixing with withdrawal. I can only say with definate certainty that opiates and alcohol together can have deadly consequences. I wish you success and the best.

~Kricket
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

It is hard to say what the body will do through the withdrawl but with alcohol it can be very serious nothing to take lightly especially if you have been drinking regularly for a substantial time. It will not hurt to go to a detox you will be in a safe environment and they can also after detox refer you to a treatment centeror at the very least you won't be alone through detox. Good luck either way you go!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I kinda misread your post. Since I have been through both types of withdrawal, I can say with certainty that alcohol was 100% worse for me. Not that opiate withdrawal is pleasant, but this alcohol DT thing was a whopper and a bigtime wakeup call.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just bumping your post up so maybe others can see it and offer support and experience.

~Kricket