Notices

Hmmm......

Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hmmm......

Im feeling pretty good about not drinking. Day 12. Life is challenging at times and right now it feels very heavy. We have a lot of change happening all at once. We are relocating in 13 days to a new city. Starting a new job, leaving behind our network of friends.....A new life is starting. All of this should be reason enough for me to celebrate or to drown myself, due to nerves, into a bottle of Alcohol. I cant. I wont. I have thought about escaping into anything other than alcohol. I then realized that i don't do drugs so entertaining that idea was pointless. I guess i am uncomfortable and i wanted to share.....IM UNCOMFORTABLE! The serenity prayer....The serenity prayer....The serenity prayer.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will get through this Patrisha! It's hard to stay the course during stressful times, but you will be do proud of yourself when you do.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((patrisha))) - I think you're doing GREAT! Being uncomfortable happens, but early in recovery it seemed to happen more for me. I did what you did..came here, shared what I was feeling. I learned that feelings are just that..we don't have to act on them, or they may be a healthier way to deal with them..take a long walk, watch a funny movie, spend hours on SR (I did a LOT of distraction early on!)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It gets better~~congrads on your day 12!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PLEASE stop counting the days!!!!!!! we only have one!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
PLEASE stop counting the days!!!!!!! we only have one!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those look nice!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

There is only one thing that is constant yeah you guessed it- change! Change this change that change everything, one day at a time! Change can be uncomfortable but it sounds like you will hang in there you fellowshipped and you will hopefully fellowship out there also and keep working the steps! Keep strong and next thing you know it will be 6 months, 1 year and WOW! We can stay sober one day at a time!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep, change it is. Im happy and nervous....Im changing many things. A new chapter. Putting it out there that i am uncomfortable is all that i can do. Its the healthiest option for me. Thanks for reading!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you for posting and I use the serenity prayer many times a day. LOL. Some more than others. But keep one foot torward the next right thing and you days will be weeks, and months.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think it's really cool that you posted when you became uncomfortable. That's what we're supposed to do. Took me a while to figure that one out. Congrats on your sobriety
Old 06-03-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oops i meant to start a thread - disregard this post - since it makes no sense to THIS thread

And P - change is inevitable and it helps us grow - and it's gonna be GOOOOOD!!!!

Last edited by lydiebreeze; 06-03-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Meant to start thread
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're doing great Patrisha - life throws us curve balls but every challenge makes the next challenge that little bit easier

I didn't mind counting the days in the beginning either - it was like tracking my journey from nowhere to somewhere

congrats on day 12

D
Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Patrisha!
What if you tried thinking of this move as a fresh start? You'll meet new people who'll see you as the person you are becoming ? Changing how you look at things may help it be less stressful