Notices

Night time

Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night time

Day 5 and feeling good physically and mentally for the most part. I'm trying really hard to control negative, hopeless thoughts about my ended relationship, and I know that all alcohol does is fuel them.
During every attempt at sobriety, mornings are my best time, afternoon and early evenings my most difficult, and by night time I feel like I just want the night over with so I can disappear into sleep, rack up another day, and wake up refreshed. By 7 or 8 I find myself just counting the hours until I can go to bed. I just want it over with. I know it's a better option and feeling than drinking, but I hate wishing my nights away like that. A couple of months ago, that feeling went on all of the 21 nights that I was sober. Its almost like, if I can't drink, I just want it to be over with. I'm not miserable, it's just kind of a dull feeling, even if I'm busy doing things.

Has anyone else felt this way? And does it get better? I don't want to live my life wishing time away because I'm not drinking. Logically I play the tape to the end and know what even one drink will lead to, but I still feel like that.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Yes, it gets better. Just keep filling time with other activities, some of them will "take"...and develop into something we want to continue doing.

I try to think of it like this..I've moved many many times, long distance moves, and you get to a new town and you don't much know your way around, which restaurants are good, where the pet shop is etc. It takes time to develop a routine.

I find sober living to be the same.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes

i am 83 days sober today and I just ended a relationship as well. We were living together.. Worst part is I am sleeping on a twin bed thank god I had in storage because he took everything pretty much. The decision for me was very difficult. But felt in my heart was something I had to do. It was like a roadblock im my recovery. I too slept so well my first few months.. But it is just because you made a big decision and your dealing with your emotions rather then drowning them out. I am proud of you. I can totally relate. But things will get better for both of us. Like they say one day at a time. I got through yesterday.. You did too and well make it through today! :ghug3