Notices

4th day sober.. hopeful

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th day sober.. hopeful

the cravings have gotten a little better. my arms still seem to be throbbing for more dope, but i know it's all in my head. i don't know if this is possible or not now-a-day, but my sponsor worked steps 1 through 5 with me on my first day sober. it took 10 hours straight. then we got up to step 9 the following day, that all took about 4 hours. i'm a chronic relapser, so working the steps at a slow rate has never worked for me, so my new sponsor basically said, we're doing it how it was done back in the day. i feel better, knowing i've been productive so far with my recovery. i just hope i can continue with this willingness to work the program through and through while i'm waiting to get back into the halfway house i was kicked out of for using. for once i have hope back.. i envision myself going through the halfway house again and getting a job to keep me on my feet, going to the 3/4 house for a year or so, then maybe deciding what i want to do career wise. i know i shouldnt be projecting that far but, i can definitely see it happening if i just stay sober and do what my sponsor says!!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 4

D
Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Each day sober is a better day!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're on the right path, and congratulations on four days.
It also sounds like you're putting a lot of work in to stay clean. That's great. You can do it. Keep doing what you're doing and take it one day at a time.

Best to you.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4. Awesome accomplish!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Crazy, I don't know heroin, but I do know a plan when I see one. Your hopeful tone and renewed self expectations give all of us hope. Wish you the best on your journey.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theysayimcrazy View Post
the cravings have gotten a little better. my arms still seem to be throbbing for more dope, but i know it's all in my head. i don't know if this is possible or not now-a-day, but my sponsor worked steps 1 through 5 with me on my first day sober. it took 10 hours straight. then we got up to step 9 the following day, that all took about 4 hours. i'm a chronic relapser, so working the steps at a slow rate has never worked for me, so my new sponsor basically said, we're doing it how it was done back in the day. i feel better, knowing i've been productive so far with my recovery. i just hope i can continue with this willingness to work the program through and through while i'm waiting to get back into the halfway house i was kicked out of for using. for once i have hope back.. i envision myself going through the halfway house again and getting a job to keep me on my feet, going to the 3/4 house for a year or so, then maybe deciding what i want to do career wise. i know i shouldnt be projecting that far but, i can definitely see it happening if i just stay sober and do what my sponsor says!!
That's awesome...Hope is a beautiful thing. You stick to that plan and you will be fine. Be sure and share your journey with us....I'm looking forward to it. I pray for willingness every day...Try it.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dont give up 5 seconds before the miracle!!