Notices

Made my first appointment for the PTSD Counsiling

Old 06-02-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made my first appointment for the PTSD Counsiling

I go June 7 to start treating the ptsd. I need to get the feelings out, and let all the baggage go. My goal is by the end of Summer to be able to move forward and move out of AZ. I never did like the climate here. I like a cooler climate. I love Maine and New England. Have a good friend in Montana, which even though it doesn't have an ocean is a better climate and fit for me. There are jobs up there to.

Another friend left Phoenix today and is on the way to Oregon. This person will be missed by everyone who knew him, but everyone is really happy for him that he is starting a new and wonderful life, with a very special person. My time will come too, when I can say this is my day of departure.

I have come very far, but still know I have a long way to go. Pride goes before fall. Yet, I used to smoke cigerates, drink a 12 pack of coke everyday or other day, caffine junkie, sweet junkie, fried food and fast food junkie, and now I am totally clean from the pain pills and working on getting pass the ptsd. I can find the inner strength to continue on my plan to get healthy in body, mind, and spirit. I have made many mistakes in my life. Yet, I have tried to use that knowledge in the fight against those who I think are up to no good.

I am starting to binge eat tonight. I used food to numb the pain from childhood up. So I need to deal with what I am feeling right now as I want to eat prezels. I am feeling scared but excited. To actually think that I could have all my dreams come true. I dont' want to self destruct. At least I am starting to see these things and try and act on them as they are happening.

I am so grateful I found this forum. You helped me rememer why I got clean off the drugs years ago; only to be put back on them by the medical profession in the United States.

Chrisy
Old 06-02-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck, and hang in there Chrisy. I to have PTSD, and I would not wish this condition on anyone! You will find the therapy very helpful. Just remember it takes a lot of courage to face your nightmares head-on. Just asking for the help is half the battle. Keep strong and apply the tools you learn.