Notices

had enough

Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Been there too Catlover

I was paranoid of AA where I lived neighbors where walking into my house stealing food and socking me. I would call the police and they would mock me. I was scared to walk down the street, go to church cause they would mess with me too. You know what...6 years later and 12 beers a day later for 6 unglodly years I look back and think...I was going to lose everything anyway. Why didn't I just get in my truck throw some clothes in it and go to a rehab for 30 days and then get involved in some meetings. I hated AA and everyone because well, I wasn't looking inward just outward and thinking everyone else is my problem. I know now I'm a problem when I have a drink in hand so I beg you to just go find a meeting. Get into the closed groups and just let it all hang out. It helps.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by catlover17 View Post
just can't shut myself away, causes depression and isolation. Do you think it's ok to go to AA just to meet sober people?
You know catlover...I had that that same choice to make 11 months ago. Depression and isolation...Drinking alone....Or going to an AA meeting and meetings some nice people that wanted to help me change my lonely life. Guess which choice I made? Let's put it this way....I'm happy...I have new friends I love and they love me...And I haven't had a drink in 11 months.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

okay i'll give it a bash

do i have to give ALL of my brain at the door of AA though. I don't want to become disillusioned, some of my brain is ok, i quite like it. Not the addictive part, obviously, i have flashbacks to the times when i wasn't addicted to alcohol and i was happy.. i don't necessarily believe that i was always an alcoholic. I need friends though..

x
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You don't have to give any of your brain to anybody...Say hello...Sit and listen...disillusioned is drinking alone thinking you are living.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never heard of any AA meeting locking the doors Catlover - why not give it a go?

D
Old 06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

will do sapling, like i said, had enough. Going to AA meeting this week, will let you know how it goes.

x
Old 06-05-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Please do...Would love to hear about it.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

not locking the doors, just being one sided and cliquey, it's been the story of my life, sorry to seem so negative, will try it.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Try and go in with an open mind...I've seen people go in looking for what they don't like about it before they get through the door...Needless to say...They don't get very far...I went in looking for help because I couldn't live like I was anymore...I was done. They helped me. And I am forever grateful for that.