Notices

Monthly Vivitrol injection

Old 06-01-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
John

Monthly Vivitrol injection

Im sorry if I am doin this all wrong. I am looking for some help. I have been off suboxone for 5 days. Last 4 days I only took about 1/8 of a 8 mg strip. Not much. I felt fine. On day 5 I had a visit with my MD. If I did not get that Vivitrol shot I would have used roxy or black. I had it lined up. I was into withdrawls still my anxiety def kicked up on day 5 especialy craving. today is day 7. Yesterday and today I woke up in the a.m. throwing up hard core with cramps all day in my gut. I think I would be ok minus this. I dont want to eat and that brings on a bit of agitation. I been using oxy for 4 years and only did black a few times last month. Is this normal? My first 4 days were calm and nice. I have been walking alot in the hot weather and I push myself it helps. Mainly I am looking for other people with the Vivitrol monthly injection. I want out of this prison so bad. I should not have lied to my MD but he is a pretty hard a$$. It said to wait 7-10 days no opiates and i just had subs but i hear they linger. Any help or experience with vivitrol injection would help. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Unfortunately that would be giving medical advice and we cannot do that on this site. It is in the rules.

Go back to your MD and tell him/her the TRUTH. Ask in all honesty what can be done and what you can do to get through this detox.

In the meantime, WELCOME to SR. You will find some really great folks here with some really good Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H) who are going through or who have gone through what you are going through now.

Many of us have gotten past it and are going on to live sober and clean lives. We are also finding out how GREAT living sober can be. Much much better than being numb and stoned out of our minds.

So hang around, read, and post whenever you can to let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Absolutely go back to your dr and tell him the truth. We cannot give any kind of medical advice here and everyone's situation is different.

You can live without the drugs/alcohol. Many of us here have had great success.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey John, its good to see you have a desire to be free of the entrapment of narcotics. I promise you there is a way out. I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with vivitrol injections. However, if you reach out to the NA hotline there in fresno, I'm sure someone will be able to help you out with their experience. The number is 5308776361. Otherwise, if you have fear with talking with someone, or fear of NA in general, I'm sure someone on this site will be able to help you. Just want to say that I used to be afraid of NA as well, but today I believe it is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.