Notices

Drankin' Dreams

Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drankin' Dreams

Sixty-three days sober and for the past several nights I've had dreams about taking the first drink. In the dreams, I am sober and just relapse mindlessly.

Last night I dreamed I was a waitress in a pizza joint and someone at one of my tables left a nasty, fingerprint-covered carafe half-filled with warm, leftover white wine and I just picked it off the table and chugged it without even thinking. Ewww.

While awake I don't have physical cravings, but I do have "thoughts". Disturbing that I act on them in my dreams. And geez -- couldn't my dream self at least buy a nice, chilled, unopened bottle? Gross!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOLOLLO!! yeah, it would be awesome to be able to control my dreams. crazy thing for me is those drinkin dreams are more vivid than any other. i have snapped out of em a few times not knowing where i was only to realize it was my own bed and i was sober. got a little more at ease about em hearing they happen to a lot of poeple. then i'd get frustrated when they happened. now, when i have em( and they have gotten a LOT less as time has went on) i wake up and thank God they were just dreams.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They happen to me; I'm six months sober two days ago and that evening had a dream where I was falling down drunk, trying to hide it, at one point slipping and falling in a vile filthy bathroom...it was so vivid that I woke up thinking that I actually had been drinking. I thank God that they are only dreams.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm coming up a nine months and still get the drunk dreams and boy, are they ever vivid. I wake up in a panic. Not pleasant but they are only dreams. My lizard brain asking for its happy juice.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those dreams are scary at first but get fewer and further between as time goes on.

I haven't had one for many years... but I was at a meeting this morning which reminded me that I'm not "cured" either.

All the best to the newcomers. Keep coming back, it gets better and better !!

Bob R