Notices

different this time around

Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

different this time around

Six weeks sober and going strong. over the years i have tried stopping lots and lots of times. Made it a couple of weeks a few times, even a whole year back in 1995 but each time i just couldnt wait until i could drink again. It was like a punishment or something to not drink. I know that five weeks isnt much time but in this time I have realized how depressed I was, how negative about everything i was, how bad of shape i was in. This time around it feels more like a gift. I feel lucky to have what I have, I feel healthier, calmer, I like food, I like mornings, and I like myself. I get more done by ten in the morning than I would all day if still drinking booze. I dont want to go back to the hell my life was when it was ruled by alcohol. This time around is different for me and I am happy about that!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great to hear your staying the course badat~~~~! Keep it up~~~
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Six weeks is fantastic:ghug3
Stay the course, one day at a time
K
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations badatbooze

D
Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 6 weeks badatbooze...are you doing something different this time? We'd love to know what the secret is... x
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sticking with this forum for one. Secondly I just think I was finally ready. Put myself and everyone around me through enough hell..I was at a point where everything in life just plain sucked! I truly feel for the new lcomers that are having a tough time and are miserable because they can't drink like their buddies.. that was me for years. It to me means that mostly they just aren't ready or havnt felt enough pain ...lived through enough hell so to speak. I haven't woke up covered in mystery bruises in over a month and am greatful to be sober.