Notices

I'm drunk.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by debsam View Post
Jim,

^ This^. I felt your pain here, because I have been there. Those exact feelings..and that was the last time I drank. This can be the last time for you too my friend.

Big hugs Jim
I echo this. I have felt the same, it tasted bad and I didn't even like the "buzzed" feeling...part of me got real honest and said "what are you doing?". It was habit, it was desperation, it was hoping that somehow it could taste and feel good again, but it didn't. That is all long gone.

Life is better sober.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Sapling. I think the 22nd is when change occurred, I knew I changed my though processes of drinking, that I could no longer cope mentally with drinking daily. That mentality brought me through thirty days and is the same mentality as to why I will not drink today. I do feel like I am in new pastures now though, I have experienced drinking after some sober time.

I have been thinking about what I could change. I do not crave alcohol today. I do not think I will count anymore and just consider not drinking today, I have read this before. Maybe massing a large amount of time gives somebody a reason not to ruin that time period. Or, maybe counting just seems like you are counting the days untill you will drink again.

What could I do differently? I had lunch that day where people ere drinking and had some cravings to drink, but I have also passed the booze aisle and not craved so I can't blame that. I think I will always encounter alcohol even if I avoid it. I guess I would have to figuire out why I bought it first to determine what I would have to change?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's just the way we think JimJim...I could be sitting on a beach...Enjoying a beautiful sunset and thinking to myself...There has to be a bar around here with a better view. That's just the way are brains are wired. I would recommend finding some kind of program or method to give you some tools to combat that. It's when things are going well that people like us get in trouble...I see it all the time.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
I'm back on the sober bus!

After reading some of these posts on here of people relapsing, I think you have to know you are done with alcohol and that's when you know you wont buy it anymore
That's the conclusion that I have come to as well. Being done with alcohol is also being free from alcohols influence, cravings, thoughts, behaviors and the lot. Being free from that nasty stuff gives me plenty of time to make some self-improvements that will help my stay on the sober lifestyle course.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So happy you made it back. There's nothing in it for you anymore, JimJim. Sometimes it takes a few tries to really believe that.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jim,

I am glad you are back on the wagon. I do recommend though that you find a program to help you stay sober. I could never have stayed sober a year now without one.

Yes there has been a shift in your thinking, pick up the ball and run with it, this is the time now that you are feeling better to look at ways to stay sober.

Love
CaiHong