Notices

Is anyone going thru this?

Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is anyone going thru this?

I have been with my husband for 23 years he was a drinker when I met him but nothing serious . We both a six digit income together that was then in the past 6 years it's been a living nightmare verbal abuse controlling being blamed for his drinking I served him with divorce papers three times and dropped it 3 times because everyone once in a while my old husband appears he could care less about me what I do how my day is going his constant focus is on when he's getting his next drink While separated I met a policeman and dated him for a year he turned out to be a liar and had massive issues but the one thing I learned was men do talk nice to woman something I was not use to as every word out of my husbands mouth is a swear word I recently received my realtors license and he is even jealous over the time I spend with clients He has these massive mood swings I know I don't want him anymore but being 54 it gets pretty lonely as my 4 grown kids have their own life's he's living with his mother that is an enabler she always has been his brother is also an alcholic my kids all college graduates want nothing to do with him I just started going to al anon 3 weeks ago all my friends are married it's a very lonely life as he promises we will do things when he's sober but it never happens I want to be happy and have a normal man love me one that I don't have to babysit
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

Head over to the Friends and Family forum (on the main forum page, just page down and look for it). You will find support there. Best wishes.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Snow welcome,

As sissy stated, please come join us in the friends and family of alcoholics forum. It's nice to meet you, glad you found us, and very sorry for what brings you here.

My children are also grown and living on their own, busy with their lives. Oh course I miss them, but I take comfort in the fact that they are working, keeping a roof over their heads, never been in trouble. I feel a great sense of accomplishment in their success.

Seriously, I have never felt more alone, and lonely, as I was with an active alkie, passed out on the couch, in the middle of the afternoon. He would wake up as I was going to bed, and repeat his earlier lather, rinse, repeat bullsh*t.

Accepting that we no longer choose to live like this is a new beginning. Of course it can be filled with challenge, and we here at SR will gladly walk with you and support you.