Notices

Thank god for sr!

Old 05-27-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Thank god for sr!

Today is a new day. 6:30am and going to take a long walk with my dad. I woke up refreshed. I felt all those horrible nasty feelings yesterday and with all of your help I made it through to today. My gratitude to you all is overwhelming. I know I cannot do this alone and now I know that I don't need to.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I agree, aeo, that a day can make a world of difference. Who knows why!? But SR has saved me from caving to the AV on many occasion, and has provided that feeling you woke up with that you beat the beast, at least for a day!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better, Aeo.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Nicely done, AEO. Dare I say that a year ago you would've missed this morning's opportunity for precious quality time with your dad? For my part, by 7am I was on infant duty, fully engaged with my 7month old daughter rather than phoning it in" and simply trying to keep it between the ditches until her morning nap.

So this morning we're both experiencing the priceless fruits of sobriety. While today these fruits are obvious, some days they are not so much. But they are always there. The balance is never actually weighted towards it being better to drink/use.

Onward we go, armed with gratitude and SPF50!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through yesterday... One of the biggest things we need to learn is to ask for your help and you DID that. I agree, this is such a great place for that. So many people listening and willing to help out... So many experiences and stories from people who have been there.

I'm glad you're starting today out on the right foot
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Today I am also thankful for wave runners and big boats that make big waves for me to jet through!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, SR has saved me a few times....I remember a Saturday night in particular. I think I would have broke my sobriety streak that night if it wasn't for being able to come on here and get some help from the great people on this site.

There are few feelings better than going through a rough day and waking up the next morning knowing you didn't drink. Kudos to you!