Notices

Relapse...

Old 05-27-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse...

Boy does it really hit u hard. I was doing SO well. My fiancé and I just found out we lost our baby. She was 2 months pregnant. Being honest, went to the liquor store and picked up a handle of rum as well as an 18 pack. I finished 10 beers before I passed out. So ashamed of my self... My girl threw everything out and took my keys n wallet so I obviously can't drink anymore but I still feel drunk right now. Sorry guys :/ I thought it was over for good. Sitting here crying like baby.... I don't want this to be my life, I can't keep worrying about not drinking everyday.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for you and your gfs loss eh.

I'm sorry you made a bad choice too, but you know what to do - get back on the horse.
Drinking solves nothing and causes more problems.

glad to see you back
D
Old 05-27-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss eh1988....Don't beat yourself up for it....That takes you nowhere. I don't know what you are doing for your recovery...But get back into it...Add to it...Do what you have to do....I guess you know...Drinking doesn't make anything any better. Hang in there!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It really doesn't and I know that but I still do it!! I'm tired of it, I went 3 months n now I'm back to square one.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You still have three months...Nobody can take that away....Just start adding to it!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No, not square one. You are three months better off, three months more productive and healthy and sane, then you would have otherwise been. With this event you know now that if you get bad news about something, you might in future be tempted to march down for some booze. From this experience, what can you do differently next time something bad or upsetting happens in your life?

From here you grow, from here you move onward and upward.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just don't know what to do, hardest thing I've been through in life... Gonna have my girl take me to a meeting later today. Feel like I let everyone down, so pathetic of me. I keep thinking it was a sign that I can't handle a baby right now. Sounds horrible now that I say that.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You made the bad decision after you found out she lost it, not when you found out she was pregnant; this was not a sign about your fitness for fatherhood. It is, rather, an event on top of others that tells you how deeply this bad habit runs and, more importantly, that you need a different strategy on how to react to bad news. No matter how bad the news you may recieve about any given thing, drinking won't make things better. Drinking only, always, makes things worse.

Focus forward eh1988, learn from the past, march into the future.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Just don't know what to do, hardest thing I've been through in life... Gonna have my girl take me to a meeting later today. Feel like I let everyone down, so pathetic of me. I keep thinking it was a sign that I can't handle a baby right now. Sounds horrible now that I say that.
That can't hurt you....Just sit and listen. That's all you have to do. You didn't let anybody down...And don't get crazy thoughts in your head....Move forward eh....That's all you can do.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

:/ thanks guys... Don't know what I'd do without this website. Truly the only people that understand this problem.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Eh, I'm so sorry yo hear of your loss

There's nothing so bad that drinking can't make worse though. I hope you pick yourself up and get back to your sobriety. I'd imagine that your fiancé is going to need a lot of support right now too.

I will be thinking of you both x
Old 05-27-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:/ thanks guys... Don't know what I'd do without this website. Truly the only people that understand this problem.
You know why?....Because we've been there...Done that. Chin up bro...Don't drink today.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yea that's why I feel so pathetic. I need to be here for her. She's been crying all day. What a horrible weekend this has been for her..
Old 05-27-2012, 04:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling. I won't. I can't. She's here n won't let me out of her site or give me my keys or wallet back until I go to work on Tuesday.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good...Be there for her.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Trying to man. Been heading to the bathroom to cry every hour or so.. then getting back in bed to hold her. God.. The things I've been through.. Things I've done in life. For a 23 year old I should be proud of my accomplishments. Yet I still have this embarrassing problem. :/
Old 05-27-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For a 23 year old I should be proud of my accomplishments. Yet I still have this embarrassing problem. :/
You should be....At 23 I was a moving trainwreck heading for total destruction...I give you all the credit in the world for where you are right now.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It really doesn't and I know that but I still do it!! I'm tired of it, I went 3 months n now I'm back to square one.
Look at it this way mate, u were dry for 3 months and you drank once,

dont drink for another three months,

then you can tell yourself "I only drank once in the last 6 months"

You havent lost out, it was just a little blip.

I did the same as you after 2 months and went back drinking for 6months, im only on 2 weeks now.

Keep up the good work
Old 05-27-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~sb

You need to be available to support your fiance. Miscarriage is difficult for the woman. Not that it isn't difficult for you, too, but she is the one who was carrying that child. I know how difficult it is. Be there for her. Clean the home, do the dishes, be loving and kind to her. Make her some food and serve it to her. Get out of yourself and let her know she's important to you. She really needs that now. She really needs you now.

Condolences on your loss.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody for the support, such great advice here. Heading to church right now, my pastor is a recovered alcoholic so I'm going to have a sit down discussion with him after service. Then my girl is taking me to an AA meeting downtown. Thanks again everybody.