Notices

Not in a good mood

Old 05-26-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Dee74

Im tired of listening other people telling me all about their parties and all that booze. I can't listen to that anymore.
Change the station. :-)

Okay, don't mean to sound flip, but at some point it seems we need to realize that our external environments are not going to change or keep up with our internal growth. So focus on what sobriety enables you to do.

And Sugar Bear kills me also. Yes, others are bungee jumping, etc., but you sure as hell won't find me doing it.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

HF, it can be hard I know... I listen to people say "I'm just off for one pint" or whatever and as the weather over here is lovely I imagine them sitting in the beer garden, chilling out.

But there is the flip side to that... I also saw the guys who work with me this week go to a party on Tuesday night, then turn up to work the next day and look awful. One of them was two hours late, the other had to pay for a taxi into work. The one who was two hours late looked truly awful all day. I did think I am so lucky and grateful not to be drinking.

You're not missing out on anything, that's what Im telling myself this week when I'm having temptation.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for support! It feels better today. I went to the beach and just sat there for couple hours. Water bottle next to me.

Its day 117 today.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

It's deceptive though and a lot of it is social banter. Like just recently I had a friend talk about how she was so excited to go to happy hour that night. Happy hour! Happy hour! Can't wait for my cocktails! blah blah.

Next morning I say "how's the head" and she says she drank half her margarita and felt dehydrated so had a coke instead. But she had a great night. See? That's a normal drinker. As an alcoholic you (we) hear people talk about drinking and assume they're going on massive benders. But really it's just chit chat and doesn't mean anything.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

SSIL75

Even when I see hangover people I feel a little weird. I think that at least they had very good time. I don't feel sorry for their headache.