Notices

New

Old 05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

I am 26, struggling through life, have been for a long time when I think about it, looking back most of my problems have come from my drinking, I am not into drugs, however I have been on them, mostly happened when I was drunk already, a lot of the time I trick myself into thinking its just a bad patch, with my drinking, now I have come to terms that I can't ever just have one drink, and as soon as I get tipsy, I will do anything to get more intoxicated even turning to drugs some times, I'm not sure what I am trying to say here just thought I would post to the forum see what happens, I have now been sober for 2 days, just trying to get my life back on track, hopefully find a way to not feel so isolated, I often feel like I am alone, I never talk to anyone about these things I am right now. I am just worried that my mind will trick me and I will be back drinking in a week or 2,
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome problemaus. Good step coming here, I'm 26 too and your whole post would describe me too. Except I'm on day 8! haha This forum has helped me tremendously, you can quit drinking and If you want to you will. I'm sure the guys will ask what you're doing to keep sober, but welcome again and good luck!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi problemaus
You have it in a nutshell
Two rules
1 Dont have the first drink
2 Consult rule one

Keep to those, may sound glib, but it has kept me sober.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, yeah I am basically trying to stick to those 2 rules, I haven't had much success before with my quitting, but hopefully this time will be the last.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Problemaus View Post
I haven't had much success before with my quitting, but hopefully this time will be the last.
Welcome Problemaus....Are you going to try anything different?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Problemaus!

We all have the same story around here...... one drink just seems to end up with another 10. It's great that you're realizing that now and want to do something about it because the problem only grows over time and it gets harder to dig ourselves out of the hole.

The support and inspiration I've gotten here has been a lifesaver for me - keep reading and posting!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. I give you big props for realizing this at an early age. You have a great chance to have a wonderful sober life. Many people do not come to this conclusion until they have lost everything or their body starts to fail. Good luck. One day at a time. Just don't drink or use today and keep posting day after day.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi-I'm new too. Also 2 days sober. I also isolate myself and don't discuss my "problem" with many. Most people don't even know I'm an alcoholic although maybe I'm kidding myself(?). Hopefully, here we can talk to others who understand. It'll be great to not feel so alone. I'm routing for ya!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImLearning2Fly View Post
Hi-I'm new too. Also 2 days sober. I also isolate myself and don't discuss my "problem" with many. Most people don't even know I'm an alcoholic although maybe I'm kidding myself(?). Hopefully, here we can talk to others who understand. It'll be great to not feel so alone. I'm routing for ya!!
You guys won't be alone here...You have a whole site full of people just like you...Ask questions and learn....I learn something every day.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome. I would also do pretty much anything to get and stay intoxicated. That led me to places in life that I never want to return to, I don't think I'd live through it again. Glad you're here.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi problemaus

I think most of us can identify with going from 'never again' to 'maybe I over reacted just one won't hurt'

Posting and reading here regularly helped me remember than just one would hurt - I hope SR can help you too

D
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all the support, and to answer your question sapling, I guess I am not sure, I mean I am not sure what else to do as of yet, I didn't really prepare for the quit at all I just woke up and decided enough was enough, I guess coming to this website is sOmething different that I have done.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!