Notices

Grateful for my new life and new beginning

Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for my new life and new beginning

I have been sober for 75 days and have not been to a meeting. I have consumed myself with readings on sobriety.. and positive books as well as a heavy workout and eating amazingly healthy that keep me strong and sober along with a network of an amazing family! however I know success is not possible without a strong network of people that believe in you so my goal today is to get to a meeting today!

I do my best to stay positive but some feelings resurface when I least expect it! and my first thought on how to deal with it is drink and say (cuss word... you!) and "run away" instead of showing my anger or resentment.These feelings weather they are good feelings are bad feelings feels like I am on a bit of a roller coaster.. I am thankful to get through these with taking time to breathe.. see what the real problem is and deal with it the best way I know how without turning to alcohol. For that I am grateful! I am grateful to be sober today! I am grateful I can Feel and deal with things today..I am grateful for hitting bottom and finding my way.. I am grateful to be alive..It brings me another day of this amazing gift!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yogagirl - Welcome to the family. You have us, too, to support you and truly understand. This is an amazing community of people who've been where you have. Glad you found us, and very happy you have such a positive attitude.

Let us know how the meeting goes. Congratulations on your 75 hard earned days of sobriety!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn!

I found this website and I am so happy about it!.. I am more of a writer then a public speaker.. So nice to have the support! Thank you thank you!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR

D
Old 05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy the meeting...Get there a little early and introduce yourself...You'll meet some great people...Just like here.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

Hi Yogagirl.....Love your name. ( I'm one as well). Congrats on 75 days! You sound healthy and positive....great job!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got to my meeting this morning

It was amazing.. In the park in la Quinta, outside.. Great group of people.. Accepted my 60 day chip.. First meeting since I got sober 76 days ago.. About time the lady said when I got my chip. Made me kinda laugh.. Because as an alcoholic I know that we are stubborn by Nature or do not feel like we need others..and can do it on our own.. We are "control" driven. My life was unmanageable.. And so grateful I found my way back home to AA. Very happy to be back after a four year relapse.:ghug3
Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are back in AA...And glad you are here....We are a stubborn lot.